Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

Requesting lunch... in the morning

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28, 2016, 12:03 pm
Original Poster

It's that time of year again!
My summer flight to DXB.

My question here is, I usually travel EK-613 (ISB-DXB) on an empty stomach since I'm not exactly a big fan of the breakfast that's usually served on that route.
The timings (in the summer):
Departure: 09:00 AM (Pak time)
Arrival: 11:10 AM (DXB time)

In the winter:
Departure: 12:55 PM (Pak time)
Arrival: 2:55 PM (DXB time)

They serve lunch in the winter and breakfast in the summer, obviously.
Can I request a lunch meal if I ask before the flight? Like 2-3 days prior?
Or would I have to stuff my face with shake shack upon arrival in DXB?

All replies will be appreciated.
Old Mar 29, 2016, 2:36 am

Programs: BA Exec Gold , Qatar Priviledge Club Plat
I'm afraid I doubt they will entertain any request like that , I also dispice breakfast on the plane and can't think of anything worse even in first class. It's too short of a flight, I had a friend who flew down to meet me in Cape Town and his daughter( spoilt brat ) wasn't happy with the menu on offer in first so he spent half a day trying to get it changed with no luck .......

Don't forget to check the menu for your flight if your flying this month on Emirates websites , you never know what might be on offer
Old Mar 29, 2016, 3:09 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by Flame3601
I'm afraid I doubt they will entertain any request like that , I also dispice breakfast on the plane and can't think of anything worse even in first class. It's too short of a flight, I had a friend who flew down to meet me in Cape Town and his daughter( spoilt brat ) wasn't happy with the menu on offer in first so he spent half a day trying to get it changed with no luck .......

Don't forget to check the menu for your flight if your flying this month on Emirates websites , you never know what might be on offer
she should have got the later flight

To be honest if it got to the point in life where my son behaved like that I have badly failed as a parent.
Old Mar 29, 2016, 3:32 am

Programs: BA Exec Gold , Qatar Priviledge Club Plat
Originally Posted by m3red
she should have got the later flight

To be honest if it got to the point in life where my son behaved like that I have badly failed as a parent.
He also tried that , but flight was totally full. I still to this day pray that she will have endure long haul economy someday
Old Mar 29, 2016, 4:21 am

If the flight is catered ex-DXB, then you're going to have to be a VVIP or iO to get a custom meal.

If the flight is catered ex-ISB, then you may have a little luck depending on your relationship with the ASM
Old Mar 29, 2016, 8:29 pm

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, AC *S, Marriott Gold Elite, Hyatt Explorist
Perhaps ordering a special meal (seafood meal comes to mind) might increase your chances of getting a lunch "style" meal
Old Mar 29, 2016, 8:34 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
Take a sandwich along with you.

Problem solved.
Old Mar 30, 2016, 3:43 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Flame3601

Thanks for the quick reply!

Sadly, EK-613 has a very similar menu every month. Mostly involves eggs, not a big fan. Guess I'll have to stick with the bread basket then. :P

Originally Posted by eternaltransit
If the flight is catered ex-DXB, then you're going to have to be a VVIP or iO to get a custom meal.

If the flight is catered ex-ISB, then you may have a little luck depending on your relationship with the ASM
I've known the ASM for a long time now, however I doubt meals are catered ex-ISB. So, I probably won't have any luck.

Originally Posted by sadiqhassan
Perhaps ordering a special meal (seafood meal comes to mind) might increase your chances of getting a lunch "style" meal
Any examples of what they usually serve when Seafood is selected?

Originally Posted by Doc Savage
Take a sandwich along with you.

Problem solved.
Would that be allowed in J? I thought you weren't allowed to bring your own food along unless you're on one of those airlines where the in-flight food isn't included in the ticket price.

Not a bad idea....
Old Mar 30, 2016, 3:54 am

Programs: Skywards
Originally Posted by murtaza12
Would that be allowed in J? I thought you weren't allowed to bring your own food along unless you're on one of those airlines where the in-flight food isn't included in the ticket price.

Not a bad idea....
you can always bring your own food or even something to reheat
Old Mar 30, 2016, 4:27 am

The ASM could intercede with DXB for you if you are desperate, but I'd just bring my own lunch if I was desperate to not eat whatever it was on the plane!
Old Mar 30, 2016, 4:40 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by murtaza12

Not a bad idea....
There is no issue with taking your own food along on the flight
Old Mar 30, 2016, 12:39 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by kuroko
you can always bring your own food or even something to reheat
That's great, am still contemplating on whether to take food with me or just settle for a croissant.

Originally Posted by eternaltransit
The ASM could intercede with DXB for you if you are desperate
Meh.. too much effort and persisting will be required, all just for a different meal.

Originally Posted by Dave Noble
There is no issue with taking your own food along on the flight
Thanks for the tip.

Thanks to everyone who posted, your replies were greatly appreciated.
Old Mar 30, 2016, 1:44 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
To clarify, many airlines won't reheat food you bring along due to possible safety issues, either fire or contamination concerns.
Old Mar 30, 2016, 2:21 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by Doc Savage
To clarify, many airlines won't reheat food you bring along due to possible safety issues, either fire or contamination concerns.
But if you bring cup noodles they'd provide hot water for you to prepare them. I wouldn't any other type of food requiring heating ever being entertained on board.

Cup noodles are all the rage on Asian LCCs these days. For cash obviously

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.