Wiki Posts
Search

Possible Meet Up -Dubai 2016

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10, 2016, 8:57 am
Original Poster

Programs: A-Club Platinum, Emirates Platinum, Aegean Gold

Inspired by the BA Forum and their regular meet ups, what are your thoughts about having a DXB meet up sometime this winter.

Maybe a Friday brunch somewhere while the weather is cooler, what are the Dubai members thoughts?

I am quite easy for dates and can arrange to stay in town for any Friday.
Old Jan 10, 2016, 9:22 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

There's been a Dubai do for the last few years, but in the summer. Numbers dwindled, coincidently when I started organising Last years didn't actually take place in the end, as there was no interest (just me and the missus at Bubbleicious in the end).

The first few were organised by the mods on here (eightblack and zol), and they managed to get Emirates to organise some events. They were great!

The first one I organised was just a brunch at Traitteur, but it still had people flying in from the US.

The attraction of Summer was the ridiculously cheap hotels at that time of year.

If you organise, I'll try and get there (I don't need much of an excuse to visit Dubai)
Old Jan 10, 2016, 9:35 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
I'm up for it as will mrs m3red if I ask her nicely as long as we are not traveling or got visitors - endless stream of visitors at the moment and none all summer...hmmmmm
Old Jan 12, 2016, 1:48 am

I would be up for it as well.
Old Jan 12, 2016, 1:59 am

Programs: EK Gold
Count me in! Would be great to put names to faces.
Old Jan 12, 2016, 9:56 pm

Programs: Emirates Gold, Delta Gold, Bonvoy Plat

I'm in as well if in Dubai. Any chance we get something organized with EK?
Old Jan 12, 2016, 10:03 pm

Programs: Skywards (Platinum) / British Airways EC (Silver) / Alfursan (Silver)
Originally Posted by Gringuito
Does anyone know about that nightclub a few years ago that did deals for EK staff and high status holders? Maybe we could do that if it's still on.

Or what if we really coordinate ourselves and book tickets to various destinations that can be refunded and have it in the lounge
Old Jan 12, 2016, 11:51 pm

Originally Posted by Gringuito
More chance of a new MAN/BHX to NYC route than EK getting involved with us rabble.
Old Jan 13, 2016, 1:59 am

Programs: Skywards (Platinum) / British Airways EC (Silver) / Alfursan (Silver)
Originally Posted by m3red
More chance of a new MAN/BHX to NYC route than EK getting involved with us rabble.
I laughed so hard a little bit of wee came out
Old Jan 13, 2016, 4:24 am

Originally Posted by StrikeM
Does anyone know about that nightclub a few years ago that did deals for EK staff and high status holders? Maybe we could do that if it's still on.

Or what if we really coordinate ourselves and book tickets to various destinations that can be refunded and have it in the lounge
Most nightclubs in Dubai offer ridiculous deals for EK crew - find one, borrow their discount card
Old Jan 13, 2016, 6:53 am

The other thing to do is post this to the Community Buzz forum. That's where a lot of the people who attended the previous Do's frequent.

Also come up with a few dates. Everyone will winge that it doesn't suit them, but you just have to go with it.

As an aside, my boss has just asked me if I can travel to Dubai this Saturday for 3 weeks... Thanks for the notice!
Old Jan 13, 2016, 6:54 am

Originally Posted by DYKWIA
The other thing to do is post this to the Community Buzz forum. That's where a lot of the people who attended the previous Do's frequent.

Also come up with a few dates. Everyone will winge that it doesn't suit them, but you just have to go with it.

As an aside, my boss has just asked me if I can travel to Dubai this Saturday for 3 weeks... Thanks for the notice!
are you coming then?
Old Jan 13, 2016, 6:55 am

Originally Posted by m3red
are you coming then?
90% certain...

In Y though
Old Jan 13, 2016, 7:57 am
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
I (& perhaps Mrs. NoY) may possibly join (even as an EK forum newbie) as we reside in Dubai & I may even be able to facilitate some discounted F&B options (maybe )..
Old Jan 13, 2016, 8:09 am

Originally Posted by DYKWIA
90% certain...

In Y though
Ask at the airport sometimes when it's quiet as it is now they do that special £400 offer to j.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.