Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CDG > MLE > DBX > BOS Help

Search this Thread

Old Dec 29, 2015, 12:52 pm
Original Poster

CDG > MLE > DBX > BOS Help

Hi all, long time lurker first time poster here.

I'm trying to book a honeymoon flight using Emirates miles. I already have our BOS > CDG leg using Air France so that leg is out.

The goal of the trip is to leave CDG and head to MLE for a week before going to DXB for a few days then home to BOS.

I'd love to fly first or business to that's a consideration as well but I can't get this combo to work using Emirates online tool. I'm guessing that I've violating some type of open jaw policy but cannot figure out the best way to fix it. Any ideas?

The overall legs would likely be PAR > DXB > MLE, MLE > DXB, DXB > BOS

Last edited by econoar; Dec 29, 2015 at 1:04 pm
Old Dec 29, 2015, 2:37 pm

Well, the booking engine could have trouble finding DBX, seeing as DBX doesn't exist...

Joking aside, the problem is that the system is seeing Europe - Indian Ocean - North America (East), which is EK doesn't offer. If you were to do CDG-DXB-MLE as one, then MLE-DXB-BOS as separate one ways, that would work, yet you would be charged Flex rates for both trips.

Alternatively, perhaps you could go CDG-DXB-MLE-DXB-CDG on one ticket (which would let you get the saver prices), and then another ticket CDG-BOS.

Another option might be CDG-DXB-MLE-DXB-CDG on one EK award, a separate ticket CDG-MXP, then MXP-JFK-BOS on EK/B6.
Old Dec 29, 2015, 3:01 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by eternaltransit
Well, the booking engine could have trouble finding DBX, seeing as DBX doesn't exist...

Joking aside, the problem is that the system is seeing Europe - Indian Ocean - North America (East), which is EK doesn't offer. If you were to do CDG-DXB-MLE as one, then MLE-DXB-BOS as separate one ways, that would work, yet you would be charged Flex rates for both trips.

Alternatively, perhaps you could go CDG-DXB-MLE-DXB-CDG on one ticket (which would let you get the saver prices), and then another ticket CDG-BOS.

Another option might be CDG-DXB-MLE-DXB-CDG on one EK award, a separate ticket CDG-MXP, then MXP-JFK-BOS on EK/B6.
Thanks a lot for your help!

It seems the system still doesn't like CDG-DXB-MLE-DXB-CDG using miles. It let's me price it in cash but I get the error still for miles.
Old Dec 29, 2015, 3:12 pm

Originally Posted by econoar
Thanks a lot for your help!

It seems the system still doesn't like CDG-DXB-MLE-DXB-CDG using miles. It let's me price it in cash but I get the error still for miles.
Are you adding in the DXB sectors as a multi-sector booking? EK prices on an Origin-Destination basis even for awards, not on a per sector basis, so just put in CDG to MLE in the flight search: I just found a Y ticket for 65k miles and an extortionate 321.15 EUR in fees, viz. 797 EUR for a cash fare.

Incidentally, apparently you can upgrade an award booking, according to EKs booking engine (of course for much more than booking the higher class award straight out).
Old Dec 29, 2015, 3:18 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by eternaltransit
Are you adding in the DXB sectors as a multi-sector booking? EK prices on an Origin-Destination basis even for awards, not on a per sector basis, so just put in CDG to MLE in the flight search: I just found a Y ticket for 65k miles and an extortionate 321.15 EUR in fees, viz. 797 EUR for a cash fare.

Incidentally, apparently you can upgrade an award booking, according to EKs booking engine (of course for much more than booking the higher class award straight out).
I see them now. Yes much steeper than I was hoping especially since it still leaves out the final BOS leg.
Old Dec 29, 2015, 3:22 pm

Originally Posted by econoar
I see them now. Yes much steeper than I was hoping especially since it still leaves out the final BOS leg.
Fees are also payable in miles, but of course, are still extortionate, unfortunately.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.