Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

Toilet talk: A380's economy and Dubai airport

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Toilet talk: A380's economy and Dubai airport

Search this Thread

Old Dec 10, 2015, 12:39 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by celle
Sheesh! Where do you people live, that you expect airport toilets to not be any good?

I've used airport toilets in Dubai, Mumbai, Delhi, Saigon (HCMC), Hanoi, Singapore, Shanghai, Beijing, Phnom Penh, Bangkok, Tokyo, Kuala Lumpur, Cape Town, Johannesburg, Mumbai, Delhi, 4 Canadian airports, at least 6 US airports and many airports in Europe and the UK.

Toilets in all those airports have been clean and private, with paper, hand washing facilities and mirrors. Even in countries where squat toilets are common, there are stalls with western toilets.

I would not hesitate to use an airport toilet and I would definitely prefer to use one than to do anything that creates smell in an aircraft toilet.
Have you tried the Mumbai Terminal 1 facilities? Not quite as rosy as you describe. Or the facilities outside the terminal at HYD.. *shudder*

In India Delhi has the best toilets I think. Also generally Asia is great and South Africa is excellent (I'm biased as I'm from there :P). Personally I've found European (especially German) toilets, while clean, to be very...cold and clinical, not comforting.
Old Dec 10, 2015, 12:45 pm

Programs: NZ, EK, QF, SQ.
If you want comforting toilets,try the ones at rest stops in Japan! Many of them have warm seats, buttons to push if you want to wash yourself, and air driers, all before you stand up again! LOL
Old Dec 11, 2015, 1:40 am

Programs: EK plat, ex-FB gold, Accor plat
If you are worried about toilet, I would recommend you to have a small bottle of disinfectant (you can pass through security check) and packs of paper tissues.

Even in super clean countries, you are not immunized from getting germs.
Old Dec 15, 2015, 3:12 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's BB: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

If there's not a shower...

I know this is about Y lavs, but surprised the A380 in F has a window in the rear lav ^
Old Dec 15, 2015, 10:05 am

Originally Posted by beckoa
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's BB: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

If there's not a shower...

I know this is about Y lavs, but surprised the A380 in F has a window in the rear lav ^
J lavs (near rear galley) have windows too.

Next step : shower with windows ! (currently not possible for structural reasons)
Old Dec 15, 2015, 10:11 am

Programs: Skywards
Always smiling when I see this thread title!
Old Dec 15, 2015, 10:43 am

I don't suppose it really matters if there are Windows. Not much passing traffic at 30,000 ft
Old Dec 16, 2015, 12:18 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by ioto1902
J lavs (near rear galley) have windows too.

Next step : shower with windows ! (currently not possible for structural reasons)
Was wondering why the showers lacked windows...

Originally Posted by Katykat
I don't suppose it really matters if there are Windows. Not much passing traffic at 30,000 ft
There are views.

And it is exciting to spot other aircraft at 30K ^
Old Dec 16, 2015, 8:44 am

One of the strangest threads I've ever seen on FT!
Old Dec 17, 2015, 5:04 am

Originally Posted by beckoa
If you are sitting , you'd be facing the door, not the window.
If you are a man and, say, standing, you are obliged to bend to see outside ... and you'd better look downwards.
If you are a woman looking out, ... wouldn't you be more comfortable somewhere else ?
Old Dec 17, 2015, 11:08 am

And it is exciting to spot other aircraft at 30K ^[/QUOTE]

I have to say that if I saw another aircraft close by then I would definitely need the toilet.
Old Dec 17, 2015, 8:56 pm

Originally Posted by Katykat
I have to say that if I saw another aircraft close by then I would definitely need the toilet.[/QUOTE]

Don't look out of the window on approach at Dxb!
Old Dec 17, 2015, 10:03 pm

Originally Posted by m3red
I have to say that if I saw another aircraft close by then I would definitely need the toilet.

Don't look out of the window on approach at Dxb!
Tut tut, what are you doing in the lavatory on approach

Same applies at LHR I think too!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.