Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

Access DXB lounge during transit then leave for downtown

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 3, 2015, 11:44 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1P, Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold

Hi All, I have questions regarding EK lounge access and connection. My flights are:
EK222 DFW-DXB, then connects to next day EK707 DXB-SEZ. Both flights are in F.

1. Could I use the transfer desk then use the F lounge when I arrive in DXB ?
2. If I am able to enter the airside of DXB, could I still leave airside, clear immigration then head to downtown? I prefer to spend the night in a hotel.

Thanks!
Old Nov 4, 2015, 1:23 am

Programs: Emirates Blue, HHonours Gold
Hi

As long as you have a valid boarding pass the lounge will let you in (get one from transfer desk if below 24 hours connection and haven't got one at DFW so you can go into the lounge use it and than leave
Old Nov 4, 2015, 5:58 am

Originally Posted by mediator
Hi All, I have questions regarding EK lounge access and connection. My flights are:
EK222 DFW-DXB, then connects to next day EK707 DXB-SEZ. Both flights are in F.

1. Could I use the transfer desk then use the F lounge when I arrive in DXB ?
2. If I am able to enter the airside of DXB, could I still leave airside, clear immigration then head to downtown? prefer to spend the night in a hotel.

Thanks!
^ different from some of the usual posts about lounge access

You can do this - if you have an onward boarding pass it's easy, if not, you can pick one up before security if you head to connections and one of the many transfer desks.

Pass through security and you're in the departures area, with shopping and lounges etc. To then exit to go landside and into DXB, you'll need to go back to any of the transit security areas, go the wrong way through security (don't worry, no one will care), and then head to arrivals in the usual way.

When you come back, try to get to immigration at least 1 hour before departure (75 mins is fine) - F/J have a dedicated part of the terminal.
Old Nov 4, 2015, 11:57 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by eternaltransit
You can do this - if you have an onward boarding pass it's easy, if not, you can pick one up before security if you head to connections and one of the many transfer desks.
Actually in my experience they don't check BP at security, but you'll need one to get access to the lounge, however you can use a mobile BP for this or get it printed at the lounge itself, so you could skip the queue at the transfer desk.
Old Nov 5, 2015, 5:36 am

Originally Posted by skywardhunter
Actually in my experience they don't check BP at security, but you'll need one to get access to the lounge, however you can use a mobile BP for this or get it printed at the lounge itself, so you could skip the queue at the transfer desk.
They don't - but perhaps the OP wants to go shopping etc. before heading to the lounge. Always advisable to have a boarding pass on you in the airside part of the airport

The transfer desks I find usually have no queues except when there's been a misconnect anyway.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.