Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

Emirates cancels my flight without letting me know, again

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Emirates cancels my flight without letting me know, again

Search this Thread

Old Nov 1, 2015, 8:01 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Doc Savage
The OP was poorly written, it appeared his first flight was Sunday, i.e. 3days from now, and another in Jan.
Sorry if my original post was confusing.

Here the facts again:
- I am holding a flight reservation DXB-RUH in January (ticket #1)
- I call the EK call center in mid October to change the remaining two segments of a different ticket #2 EUR-DXB-RUH as follows: EUR-DXB three days later in mid October, and accidentally DXB-RUH on the same date in January as ticket #1
- Emirates cancels ticket #2 without informing me about it, although the flight conflict is only months in the future (so there is LOTS of time to fix it).

Poor service, really. And so easy to resolve: Just send a freaking email to a customer if this happens and give them a few days to fix it. I receive emails from EK on all kind of unimportant topics, but in this case they are silent.
Old Nov 1, 2015, 12:05 pm

Originally Posted by CalFlyer
I understand that all airlines at some point autocancel, and that is fine. However, for example LH-Group either sends me an email reminder or calls me on those few occasions I had double bookings there. In our IT day-and-age this should not be a problem, esp. since I do not think that customers generally double book the same flight in bad faith.
Sorry, I was replying more to kuroko who asked about other airlines! I totally agree with you - email reminders are the way to go if this happens with a reasonable time to fix it.
Old Nov 1, 2015, 8:36 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by eternaltransit
Sorry, I was replying more to kuroko who asked about other airlines! I totally agree with you - email reminders are the way to go if this happens with a reasonable time to fix it.
The customer service centre didn't ring me about a plane change 5 days before so no chance if this. They are not very customer friendly and hide behind the lack of consumer protection laws as much as they can.
Old Nov 6, 2015, 1:41 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by eternaltransit
The email system notwithstanding - there are some excellent apps out there to manage travel and multiple tickets
Can you share a few examples of apps you have found useful for this purpose?
Old Nov 6, 2015, 5:04 am

Originally Posted by CalFlyer
Can you share a few examples of apps you have found useful for this purpose?
Tripit, TripCase, Worldmate, MyFlights - MyFlights only really works if your airline uses Amadeus or Sabre though (so, not EK).

I personally use Tripit.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.