Wiki Posts
Search

Rugby World Cup - Sport 24

Search this Thread

Old Oct 10, 2015, 3:33 am
Original Poster

Rugby World Cup - Sport 24

Hi folks.

Does anyone have any experience of the Sport 24 live TV channel onboard EK?

Flying F DXB - SYD (412) on 17/10 and will be mid-air (by my calculations!) for the two Saturday quarter finals (South Africa vs Runner Up Pool A at Twickenham; and All Blacks vs Runner Up Pool D at Milleniium Stadium).

Would be fantastic if someone could confirm that RWC matches have been shown live on-board on ICE!
Old Oct 10, 2015, 4:17 am

I never even though to look when I was travelling a couple of weeks ago. (I never really watch anything on board.)

The latest scores were updated on the Sports News channel if you can't see the games. You have to exit and reload to get updates - it's not automatic.
Old Oct 11, 2015, 3:57 am

Programs: A-Club Platinum, Emirates Platinum, Aegean Gold
It is on the newer 777's only at the moment, I watched the Wales v Fuji match last 2 weeks ago when flying from DXB to BKK, quality was very good and totally surprised me.

I was speaking to a purser last week who says there may be plans to fit to 380's but as it is so expensive they will only do it when they go in for next major maintenance check.
Old Oct 11, 2015, 5:47 am

Sport 24 and other live TV channels are also available on some of the very oldest 777s in the fleet, with old ICE, so basically the oldest or the newest 777s but nothing in between.
Old Oct 11, 2015, 6:17 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the info folks - EK412 is the a380 so looks like I'll need Ireland to beat France this afternoon & that they play in the Sunday quarter final vs Argentina once I've landed in SYD! ��

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.