Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

I had not used EK miles in a while ....

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

I had not used EK miles in a while ....

Search this Thread

Old Sep 19, 2015, 2:36 pm

Programs: Asiana Club, Mileage Plan, Skywards, Flying Blue, HHonors
Originally Posted by YoungSoloTraveler
Why don't you guys credit to Alaska?
I have been looking at MileagePlan as I fly EK the most but also fly BA and AF a bit too. I could also move some other flying to CX and comfortably hit top tier on Alaska if I concentrated on MileagePlan...

But I understand MileagePlan offers very limited lounge access (ourside North America) and I would also lose increased baggage allowances, priority check in and boarding and be less likely for Op Ups.

MileagePlan seems great for Americans but not so great if you are one of the majority that live in another country!
Old Sep 20, 2015, 6:07 am

Programs: BA Gold | SK Gold | A3 Gold
Originally Posted by YoungSoloTraveler
Why don't you guys credit to Alaska?
Because when I used to fly with EK, the status was important, as was the ability to get reasonable upgrades. Though TBH I never looked into Alaska at the time.
Old Oct 25, 2015, 1:56 am

Programs: AA Plat, LAN Comodoro, LH SEN, Flying Blue Plat
Does EK charge high surcharges on Skyward redemptions on its partner flights (specifically JL and KE)? Thinking of good use for my 90k Skyward miles out of Asia. *Sigh...
Old Oct 25, 2015, 2:09 am

Originally Posted by rownada
Does EK charge high surcharges on Skyward redemptions on its partner flights (specifically JL and KE)? Thinking of good use for my 90k Skyward miles out of Asia. *Sigh...
They didn't charge KE YQ when I used it last year. Clearly the best VFM redemption if the route fits your requirements.

Don't have experience with JL.
Old Oct 29, 2015, 1:31 am

Programs: Emirates Blue, HHonours Gold
I must say the best way to use skywards miles now days is to buy economy and than upgrade to business that way miles charged are less and carrier imposed charges are not ridiculous. But with these charges reward tickets are getting expensive and the value of miles are being significantly reduced
Old Oct 29, 2015, 2:22 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Originally Posted by Smartlife987
I must say the best way to use skywards miles now days is to buy economy and than upgrade to business that way miles charged are less and carrier imposed charges are not ridiculous. But with these charges reward tickets are getting expensive and the value of miles are being significantly reduced

Understatement of the year !

And that's even before the thorny matter of availability comes into the equation.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.