Wiki Posts
Search

EK 206 JFK-MXP equipment swap

Search this Thread

Old Sep 7, 2015, 10:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM. 1MM
EK 206 JFK-MXP equipment swap

i have a couple friends flying EK 206 JFK-MXP next week.

Emirates shows an A380-8 on this flight daily but fight aware shows they have been substituting a B777 aircraft on most days.

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/U...220Z/KJFK/LIMC

Can anyone offer insight as to why the swap is made? Is this common?

Emirates still shows A380 for tonight's flight sept 8 departure 10:20pm but Flightaware shows B777. Who do you believe?

I tend to believe flight aware but I'm a regular delta flyer and delta's web site notoriously sucks. Maybe emirates is a lot better I have no experience with their site.
Old Sep 7, 2015, 10:40 am

Programs: EK Skywards Gold, TK Elite Plus, QR Platinum, Bonvoy Titanium
Check out:

http://www.flightradar24.com/data/flights/ek205/

It's an A380 everyday.

Incidentally A6-EEX is stuck in Milan for some days now, after operating EK205 on 4th Sept to Milan but never continuing on to NYC. Any one know why?
Old Sep 7, 2015, 11:06 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

See the following :-

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/emira...some-days.html
Old Sep 7, 2015, 11:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM. 1MM
Thanks everyone. Crisis averted. Fingers crossed.

In re: EK 205 on sept 4th. I bet they subbed a B777 on the MXP-JFK portion and kept that plane in rotation until the issue is resolved with A6-EEX. Or until that B777 gets back to MXP and is replaced with the A380 A6-EEX.

So a B777 might have flown that route for a couple days though flightradar24 doesn't show that.

And yes. Between Delta (A330-3) and Alitalia (A330 as well) operating daily JFK-MXP and the daily Emirates A380. That's a lot of volume going to Milan in not peak season. Though the Expo is going on... Still. Lots of seats to be sold and at a bargain price too. Sub $600 rt ai on many days in September/October.
Old Sep 7, 2015, 12:51 pm

Originally Posted by mridley2
In re: EK 205 on sept 4th. I bet they subbed a B777 on the MXP-JFK portion and kept that plane in rotation until the issue is resolved with A6-EEX. Or until that B777 gets back to MXP and is replaced with the A380 A6-EEX.

So a B777 might have flown that route for a couple days though flightradar24 doesn't show that.
No.

According to the eksource, A6-EDL (A380) flew a positioning flight on the morning of the 5th to continue the EK205 delayed by A6-EEX going tech.
Old Apr 6, 2016, 11:34 am

Programs: AA PLT the rest, Kettle Power
Quick question on this flight, or EK A380 in general, how can I know if we'll get the updated J or not and does it make much difference?
Old Apr 6, 2016, 2:17 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Qatar Platinum
Originally Posted by TGGDEL
Quick question on this flight, or EK A380 in general, how can I know if we'll get the updated J or not and does it make much difference?
You mostly can't tell, unless you are on a route that requires one of the newer A380's that can travel a bit further, or are 2 class. So I think LAX and SFO require the newer ones? Then selected flights at MAN, LGW, BKK, KUL etc are on the 2 class, which are all pretty new. Other than that - it is luck of the draw, and I don't think any particular pattern.

There is a slightly bigger screen, more responsive tablet, better handheld controller, a more accessible table and a few other seat changes. All the changes are useful and a positive addition, but my personal opinion is that your experience isn't massively diminished in their absence. Service is identical.

So overall I'd say, good if you get it, not a major concern if you don't.
Old Apr 6, 2016, 8:45 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by Stephenk82
You mostly can't tell, unless you are on a route that requires one of the newer A380's that can travel a bit further, or are 2 class. So I think LAX and SFO require the newer ones? Then selected flights at MAN, LGW, BKK, KUL etc are on the 2 class, which are all pretty new. Other than that - it is luck of the draw, and I don't think any particular pattern.

There is a slightly bigger screen, more responsive tablet, better handheld controller, a more accessible table and a few other seat changes. All the changes are useful and a positive addition, but my personal opinion is that your experience isn't massively diminished in their absence. Service is identical.

So overall I'd say, good if you get it, not a major concern if you don't.
I'm in j on Friday to man and am hoping its a newer a380 - the old ones are looking a bit shabby and I think the changes are a big improvement.
Old Apr 7, 2016, 12:46 am

Programs: Skywards
Originally Posted by m3red
I'm in j on Friday to man and am hoping its a newer a380 - the old ones are looking a bit shabby and I think the changes are a big improvement.
no DP loaded that you are in J?

It's tomorrow so should be possible to get what aircraft type is being used (EK17/19 or 21?)
Old Apr 7, 2016, 12:58 am

If you think the "old" A380 are a bit shabby I would strongly suggest never to fly with the roughly 90% of other airlines (and the other birds from EK offering an older product, too ) that don't offer such an experience. Might limit you quite a lot.. maybe QR and EY could still be acceptable
Old Apr 7, 2016, 3:34 am

Originally Posted by kuroko
no DP loaded that you are in J?

It's tomorrow so should be possible to get what aircraft type is being used (EK17/19 or 21?)
ek 17. Still hoping for 1 F seat to come our way. Not looking good.
Old Apr 7, 2016, 9:49 am

Programs: Skywards
ek 17. Still hoping for 1 F seat to come our way. Not looking good.
it's an EDG, December 09
Old Apr 7, 2016, 10:01 am

Originally Posted by kuroko
it's an EDG, December 09

Crappy old grey screens
Old Apr 7, 2016, 12:12 pm
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Crappy old grey screens
Bender in the bar then?
Old Apr 7, 2016, 12:37 pm

Programs: BAEC (Gold), PC (Plat), HH (Gold), MR (Gold)
Originally Posted by DYKWIA
Bender in the bar then?
^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.