Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Flight date change fee

Search this Thread

Old Jul 16, 2015, 12:34 pm
Original Poster

Flight date change fee

I recently booked 3 tickets from an agent for travel in Dec 2015. I want to change the return date. Emirates told me to contact the agent since the first leg has not been used. Agent is asking for $290 per ticket. What's the yardstick or change rules that apply? Emirates won't tell me what the change fee should be. I want to confirm I am not paying more than I should.
Old Jul 16, 2015, 12:38 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by supertester
I recently booked 3 tickets from an agent for travel in Dec 2015. I want to change the return date. Emirates told me to contact the agent since the first leg has not been used. Agent is asking for $290 per ticket. What's the yardstick or change rules that apply? Emirates won't tell me what the change fee should be. I want to confirm I am not paying more than I should.
You would be best asking the agent the details of the specific ticket since there is not enough information to know what the approximate figure would be

If it is a consolidator fare , it could be anything
If it is a normal published fare, it will consist of the airline change fee plus any service fee that the agent charges
Old Jul 16, 2015, 1:37 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Dave Noble
You would be best asking the agent the details of the specific ticket since there is not enough information to know what the approximate figure would be

If it is a consolidator fare , it could be anything
If it is a normal published fare, it will consist of the airline change fee plus any service fee that the agent charges
Will I be able to tell what kind of fare it is by looking at some data on the eticket?
Old Jul 16, 2015, 3:09 pm

Programs: Skywards
Will I be able to tell what kind of fare it is by looking at some data on the eticket?
Do you have a fare on your ticket or is it just issued with IT/BT?

Can you post the fare base/ fare construction?

That is the main problem if you book with an travel agent - they can charge you whatever they want if the ticket isn't issued on a published fare (and in 99% it is not a published fare if you have a ticket with EK, compared to other carriers)
Old Jul 16, 2015, 10:04 pm
Original Poster

Fare is BT. Equivalent Fare is blank

Fare calculation
SFO EK X/DXB EK NBO /BT EK DXB EK SFO /BT BT END BT XFSFO4.5
Additional information
NON-END/SAVER/ONLY CHK-IN REW ARD UPGRADE

Last edited by supertester; Jul 16, 2015 at 10:09 pm
Old Jul 16, 2015, 10:05 pm

Programs: Skywards
Fare is BT. Equivalent Fare is blank
Do you have a farebase on the ticket? Otherwise no chance to tell you the change fee
Old Jul 16, 2015, 10:10 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by kuroko
Do you have a farebase on the ticket? Otherwise no chance to tell you the change fee
Fare calculation
SFO EK X/DXB EK NBO /BT EK DXB EK SFO /BT BT END BT XFSFO4.5
Additional information
NON-END/SAVER/ONLY CHK-IN REW ARD UPGRADE

Taxes / Fees / Charges (TFC)
USD584.00YQ USD35.40US USD5.50YC
USD7.00XY USD5.00XA USD5.60AY
USD20.40AE USD1.40TP USD2.80ZR
USD40.00TU USD4.50XF
Old Jul 16, 2015, 10:44 pm

It's not clear from the information given the fare basis. The change penalty on the saver fares is 200USD ex-US.

So if we assume the new date has availability in the same fare bucket and that the fares have not changed, then the agent is charging 90USD.
Old Jul 18, 2015, 4:17 am

Flight Date Change

I'm a student currently abroad and need to return home earlier than expected (about a week). I was wondering how much that would cost as I don't have much to pay on my budget. I have 2 flights back to the States and then one on JetBlue. I'm on a Saver ticket I believe.

Last edited by nadi321; Jul 18, 2015 at 8:16 pm
Old Jul 18, 2015, 4:57 am

Originally Posted by nadi321
I'm a student currently abroad and need to return home earlier than expected (about a week). I was wondering how much that would cost as I don't have much to pay on my budget. I have 2 flights back to the States and then one on JetBlue. I'm on a Saver ticket I believe.
This depends on the exact fare you have purchased and whether you purchased it from EK directly or through a travel agent. If you look at the various terms and conditions you will have received with your ticket, the details will be in there (although if you bought through an agent, they may add their own service fees).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.