Community
Wiki Posts
Search

EK Lounge FAQs and updates

Search this Thread

Old May 14, 2022, 1:35 am

Programs: EK Plat; QR Gold
Originally Posted by BadoRas
However I'm not sure if children that age are allowed to guest others.

Hopefully they can. There certainly is no age restriction mentioned!
My son has been Gold for a few years, and they can, I think. What I’ve done in the past is just put the BPs in a pile and leave the agent to work it out. Worked every time at the J lounge.
larzy1977 and BadoRas like this.
Old May 14, 2022, 3:20 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by larzy1977
My daughter and son 5 and 3 years fly with us on a paid F ticket... they are gold, are they allowed to bring friends into the F Lounge in Dxb? (Friends fly on the same flight out of Dubai, but in economy)
If they're in F, then they can each take a guest into the F lounge - but only at DXB. An unpublished benefit.
Old May 14, 2022, 5:49 am

Programs: Some
I meant to post this a while back so hopefully this is still on the menu, but the Middle Eastern tres leches cake in the DXB F lounge at the moment is quite cool (in both senses) and recommended ...

thijsseh and XXTSGR like this.
Old May 14, 2022, 8:17 am
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
​​​​​Below are the guesting privileges for Emirates lounges worldwide

Those are the ‘default’ eligbilities, i.e. when you don’t have access because of your class of travel.

A few weeks ago, I was in the FCL in DXB. I had previously myself upgraded with miles, but there was no availability for mrs t. (I know, I know…). I was silver at the time, she was gold. She was allowed into the lounge without any question (she was subsequently able to upgrade under the ‘any available seat’ rule, so all is well…). I don’t know to this day what ‘rule’ allowed this, but I had advice from this board suggesting that it would be ok.

Last edited by thijsseh; May 15, 2022 at 12:17 am
Old May 14, 2022, 12:49 pm

Programs: Skywards Plat, Bonvoy Titanium
I was able to guest a family member in to the F lounge last week flying to MAN whilst I was flying LHR. Against the official rules but the dragons allowed on this occasion.
larzy1977 likes this.
Old Jun 2, 2022, 1:20 am

Programs: Skywards Platinum
Quite bizarre that the JNB lounge is not operational yet ........ I hope they re start it in a couple of weeks!!
Old Jun 2, 2022, 8:52 am

Programs: EK platinum, ET, SAS
All Australian destinations have no Emirates lounges opening until 3rd or 4th quarter this year. A 2 week wait would be great for we Antipodeans!

Count your blessings!
Old Jun 8, 2022, 10:35 am

Programs: aa
I have a long layover in DXB airport , 7 hours, I'm holding priority pass card and the options for lounges are limited.
Name Location
Marhaba 3A
Ahlan 3B
Marhaba 3B
Gallery 3B

What do you recommend as a lounge to enter, I see each one has 3 - 5 hours limit,
Old Jun 11, 2022, 2:12 pm

Does anyone know if / when the ZRH lounge will reopen? Flights between ZRH-DXB are packed, and the lounge is picking up dust at ZRH. The primeclass lounge is no worthy substitute.
Old Jun 11, 2022, 10:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
All Australian destinations have no Emirates lounges opening until 3rd or 4th quarter this year. A 2 week wait would be great for we Antipodeans!
There's movement at the station (unless you may be looking to BNE).

https://careers.compass-group.com.au...IxkMPrDQ7ZAtwc
Old Jun 12, 2022, 12:03 pm
NPZ

Programs: One World
JFK lounge / checkin ?

Im arriving on American at 3pm and then flying J on the evening EK flight to Milan. I’m curious if the checkin counters are open that early before the evening EK flights so I can check bag/get boarding pass to use the lounges. Anyone have experience with this?

Last month I wasn’t able to get a mobile boarding pass on EK out of JFK so not sure what to expect if the counters aren’t open earlier in the day.
Old Jun 13, 2022, 8:54 am

Programs: EK Gold, BA Gold
No, checkin at JFK opens 3 hours before the flight. So the earliest i would expect someone there would be around 7pm
Old Jun 13, 2022, 9:53 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by modularmayhem
No, checkin at JFK opens 3 hours before the flight. So the earliest i would expect someone there would be around 7pm
Do they still offer the service to Golds and F at JFK where they'd allow you to "check in" your bags at the ticket desk? They'd basically take your bag, and then do the check-in for you once the check-in desks opened. I recall doing it many years ago as a Gold...
NPZ likes this.
Old Jun 13, 2022, 1:27 pm
NPZ

Programs: One World
Originally Posted by modularmayhem

Curious... how does one get in to use the lounge that opens at 4pm if you can't get a boarding pass (assuming mobile boarding pass doesn't work again) ..

seems strange to open the EK lounge with nobody able to get in until 7pm...

Last edited by NPZ; Jun 13, 2022 at 1:33 pm
Old Jun 13, 2022, 1:50 pm

Programs: EK skywards Gold, BA, VS silver
Originally Posted by NPZ
Curious... how does one get in to use the lounge that opens at 4pm if you can't get a boarding pass (assuming mobile boarding pass doesn't work again) ..

seems strange to open the EK lounge with nobody able to get in until 7pm...
Presumably passengers connecting from other flights are able to use the lounge earlier than those checking in at JFK.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.