Wiki Posts
Search

Website - booking multiple cities

Search this Thread

Old Jun 18, 2015, 12:52 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Mucci des canapes, Skywards Gold, BAEC, IC Plat Amb, LH FTV
Website - booking multiple cities

Is anyone else having a problem booking a multiple city itinerary via EK.com?
I'm looking at a LHR-CHC-SYD-LHR trip and although I can go theough and select all of my flights I cannot get past the 'please wait' screen with the lovely rapid aircraft orbiting the globe.
Old Jun 18, 2015, 1:19 pm

Programs: Skywards
works with my browser (Safari 8.0.6)
Old Jun 18, 2015, 1:26 pm

Programs: Skywards, SPG, Fairmont
Yes this has happened so many times to me as well... especially when booking multiple destinations... its very frustrating as it doesnt say an error but it never actually loads, wheras sometimes it will load and say sorry cannot price this ticket.
Old Jun 18, 2015, 1:52 pm
Original Poster

Thanks - also using Safari current update. Currently in an area with poor internet (which makes it more frustrating). The reason I'm wondering about it being the EK end is that choice of all of the component flights is reasonably fast but it fails to price up the complete selection. Will try again when I get home and also try other browsers.
Old Jun 18, 2015, 2:26 pm

Programs: Skywards
Most annoying thing is that you are unable to choose fare types when you do a multiple search. Cannot understand why this is still not fixed (or maybe it is on purpose so that you pay the fare that you do not want).

Also tried your trip with Firefox and Chrome. Worked on both.
Old Jun 19, 2015, 12:33 am
Original Poster

Thanks again. I am now able to get a price but I am only able to select the 2 stop option from DXB-CHC (777 via BKK and SYD). I would prefer to take the 380 DXB-SYD and 777 SYD-CHC but it doesn't show. This has been a problem for a long time and the workaround used to be to split the journey into LHR-SYD or LHR-DXB , and then DXB or SYD-CHC etc. This allowed pricing and booking.
As above I am still able to select flights doing this but cannot get a price/make a booking. Will keep trying different conbinations but fear it may need a phone call.
Old Jun 19, 2015, 1:36 am

Programs: EK Gold, IHG Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by pomkiwi
Is anyone else having a problem booking a multiple city itinerary via EK.com?
I'm looking at a LHR-CHC-SYD-LHR trip and although I can go theough and select all of my flights I cannot get past the 'please wait' screen with the lovely rapid aircraft orbiting the globe.
One month ago for me it was not working.
With last Safari version on iMac and MBP.
Tried (with both computers) with Chrome and was fine
Old Jun 20, 2015, 1:04 pm
Original Poster

Thanks all. At home with a good internet connection and able to price with Firefox (not with Safari).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.