Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

Twice as expensive to fly from IAH vs. DFW?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Twice as expensive to fly from IAH vs. DFW?

Search this Thread

Old May 21, 2015, 7:17 pm
Original Poster

Question Twice as expensive to fly from IAH vs. DFW?

I know airfare pricing is crazy but how can essentially the same trip (IAH-SIN then HKG-IAH vs DFW-SIN then HKG-DFW, both in J, same dates) vary so much in price from cities relatively close to one another? The flights from IAH are more than twice as much! Both cities have the same competitor (Qatar) flying from their airports.

Anyone have any idea?
Old May 21, 2015, 7:21 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
It's a 4 hr drive between those two cities. Not really "close."

My idea is to book a cheap roundtrip flight IAH-DFW.

Or drive since they're so close.
Old May 21, 2015, 7:37 pm
Suspended

Programs: United GS, Emirates iO (Invitation Only)
I have heard reports that the DFW flight always has a very light load other then peak travel times, so perhaps they are trying to gain more customers from there by offering lower prices?
IAH on the other hand has the oil businesses which keep the flights at pretty good loads for the most part, which is why they charge more.
Also, doesn't EY fly to Dallas? So they have more competition from there.
Old May 21, 2015, 8:08 pm
Original Poster

That makes sense Houstonflyer. I had forgotten about EY flying to DFW.

I may either drive or book a RT to DFW for the price. Too bad chauffeur drive is limited to 50 miles ;-)
Old May 22, 2015, 9:51 am

Originally Posted by Houstonflyer2139
I have heard reports that the DFW flight always has a very light load other then peak travel times, so perhaps they are trying to gain more customers from there by offering lower prices?
IAH on the other hand has the oil businesses which keep the flights at pretty good loads for the most part, which is why they charge more.
Also, doesn't EY fly to Dallas? So they have more competition from there.
J loads have always been light in my experiences on EK in/out of DFW. I hope they stay that way!
thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.