Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

Question for upcoming A380 business class experience - SFO-DUB. Any suggestions..?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Question for upcoming A380 business class experience - SFO-DUB. Any suggestions..?

Search this Thread

Old May 17, 2015, 2:34 pm
Xlr

Programs: Amex Platinum, Chase Sapphire Reserve
Yeah, the internet isn't too good on polar flights. OnAir (their provider) has been 'working' on this for a few years :P

EK lowering the price to $1 probably exacerbated the bandwidth problem.
Old May 17, 2015, 5:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by corbetti
7) while they do have internet, the satellite service is REALLY slow, so i would just use it for email and leave my laptop on next to me so that emails would come through at whatever trickle speed they could... but, given that I realize they are using satellites and traveling over the north pole, i wasn't expecting ANY internet so was pleasantly surprised - more so that it only cost $1. Suck it, gogoinflight.
Originally Posted by Xlr
Yeah, the internet isn't too good on polar flights. OnAir (their provider) has been 'working' on this for a few years :P EK lowering the price to $1 probably exacerbated the bandwidth problem.
There is nothing wrong with EK's flight Wifi system, or at least there wasn't anything wrong before they went stupid and decided to give it away for free. Now it is virtually useless for anything more than an occasional email that slips through every now and then.
Old May 18, 2015, 9:22 am

Programs: BAEC and Hilton mostly
Just to say thanks, corbetti for coming back to the thread with a report on the results!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.