Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Boarding nightmare on EK37

Search this Thread

Old May 1, 2015, 12:59 pm

Programs: Skywards Platinum
Originally Posted by eternaltransit
The only time I really appreciate priority boarding is in Y on a full flight to guarantee overhead baggage space - end of story. There's no other real tangible benefit to it, imho, except possibly if one is dying to drink Dom Perignon for a pre-departure beverage in F as soon as possible, but even then at some outstations it's not even open before take-off.
This, although I wouldn't know about drinking Dom in F.

The negative though is the rest of the economy passengers boarding and shoving their bags in your face as they go past.

I'm off to Chicago tomorrow morning, I will be one of the first to board
Old May 1, 2015, 8:18 pm

Programs: EK Plat, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by eternaltransit
...people come along later and still ask you to move!
I can deal with that, but it kind of blows my top when I reach my seat and find someone else sitting on it...That's what I want to avoid.
Old May 4, 2015, 6:12 pm

Programs: DIAMANTAIRE EXTRAORDINAIRE
Originally Posted by OMGImInPattaya
All you Y-Gold flyers may have spent allot of money to make your status but your spend was minimally profitable to EK. I would stop moaning about your boarding experiences and just be happy with your lounge and baggage privileges. Don't forget, you're still just Y-class passengers.
-Are you the cfo of the airline?
or
-The management of the airline to supersede the rules & privileges handed out by them ?
Old May 7, 2015, 7:06 am

Programs: EK Gold, FB Silver
Originally Posted by Silverswimmer
[This means, though I (i.e. my company) maybe don't spend as much money, I do fly a lot on EK. Does that mean I should not expect to be treated differently from occasional flyers? I earned it and as such I do expect it!]
So the Company spends the money but you say "I earned it"
nuf said (says he who buys all his tickets with tax paid personal money)
SS
I wouldn't go as far as to say: "I suffered for it" but, let's face it: If it's your 2nd or 3rd longhaul Y-class trip of the month paid by your employer, it's not unlogic to be happy about the benefits Gold brings for Y travellers. If you fly Y with your own money, at least you chose to fly Y, where to and when you like. FYI... On my personal holidays I occasionally pay for a J ticket as my choice.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.