Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Multi Centre Flights

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26, 2015, 5:27 am
Original Poster

Multi Centre Flights

Hi, we will be flying from Glasgow to Sydney and returning Singapore to Glasgow. I have discovered if we fly Glasgow to Singapore return, and then take a one-way from Singapore to Sydney we can make quite a good saving. The Singapore to Sydney flight will be booked through Emirates but operated by Qantas.

My question is:- will we be able to book our luggage straight through from Glasgow to Sydney or will we have to reclaim it in Singapore, go through customs etc and then check-in with Qantas?

Thank you for any advice/help.
Old Apr 26, 2015, 7:39 pm

I assume the one-way ticket from SIN-SYD is on a separate itinerary. You would be at the mercy of the GLA check-in agents. It is certainly possible to do so - check your straight luggage through, but if you are on separate tickets, then they are under no obligation to do so.

The fact that your onwards flight is on QF (and perhaps the EK codeshare?), would probably lean me towards saying that the agents at GLA would do it for you, if you present the onward journey details there. Do be prepared for them to refuse though, as they can technically do this.

SIN is quite a painless airport to pick up bags though, so the only thing that would worry me is the loss of connection protection being on separate tickets and the extra time you would need to allow for the onward flight check-in/baggage drop.
Old Apr 27, 2015, 12:27 pm
Original Poster

Hi and thank you for your reply. Few things there to take into consideration so will have to think this one out carefully.

Camant

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.