Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

Proactive upgrade offer using miles

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Proactive upgrade offer using miles

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24, 2015, 6:12 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Originally Posted by m3red
Just upgraded Thursday's flight.

Fancy a decent breakfast and a quick free massage!
Ah but of course there is, as they say, no 'free' lunch. (or even massage)

You must have miles to burn to want to move from J to F on such a short sector, Dubai/Cairo ...... around 3.5 hours is it ...?? !!
Old Apr 24, 2015, 6:22 am
Original Poster

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by subject2load
Ah but of course there is, as they say, no 'free' lunch. (or even massage)

You must have miles to burn to want to move from J to F on such a short sector, Dubai/Cairo ...... around 3.5 hours is it ...?? !!
Yup miles to burn. I have a ton of J and f flights coming up, my wife spends a fortune on my credit card for which I get a ton of skywards miles. Can't spend them!
Old Apr 24, 2015, 11:11 am

Programs: EK Skywards Gold, TK Elite Plus, QR Platinum, Bonvoy Titanium
The DXB-CAI flights are one of the best choices for mileage upgrades (in my opinion) as they are the longest flight in the 16,000 upgrade bracket (used to be 12,500). The flight duration allows for a full meal service at a relaxed pace and plenty of time to have the drinks of your choice.

I have often upgraded Y to J with miles and then received an op-up to F at the gate for this route.
Old Apr 24, 2015, 11:39 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by UAworldwide
The DXB-CAI flights are one of the best choices for mileage upgrades (in my opinion) as they are the longest flight in the 16,000 upgrade bracket (used to be 12,500). The flight duration allows for a full meal service at a relaxed pace and plenty of time to have the drinks of your choice.

I have often upgraded Y to J with miles and then received an op-up to F at the gate for this route.
Looking at flights for this now ie post jan it's still 12.5 no idea why mine is 16k
Old Apr 24, 2015, 11:31 pm

Looking at flights for this now ie post jan it's still 12.5 no idea why mine is 16k
12.5k was the old rate pre the new enhancements from earlier this year. However, some bookings that I made after the new changes came into effect still used the old rates, not sure why.

New Rates for Upgrades (from the calculator)
Y --> J
Saver 33.75k
Flex 19.5k
Flex Plus 15k

J --> F
Saver 19.5k
Flex 15k
Flex Plus 15k
Old Apr 25, 2015, 10:16 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by UAworldwide
12.5k was the old rate pre the new enhancements from earlier this year. However, some bookings that I made after the new changes came into effect still used the old rates, not sure why.

New Rates for Upgrades (from the calculator)
Y --> J
Saver 33.75k
Flex 19.5k
Flex Plus 15k

J --> F
Saver 19.5k
Flex 15k
Flex Plus 15k
16 looks like a good deal.

EK called me today to tell me of a flight time change...I'm guessing because I'm now in f...
Old Apr 25, 2015, 10:30 am

16 looks like a good deal.

EK called me today to tell me of a flight time change...I'm guessing because I'm now in f...
I wish the best for you.

The time change is due to the fact Egypt was supposed to switch their clocks for daylight savings time on 24 April 2015, but this year they decided not to switch. The decision came only last week, hence Emirates flights to/from Egypt all have a one hour change from 24 April onwards to something like mid-September.

The last few years have been very confusing with DST changes in Egypt, and the flights sometimes move one hour ahead or back at short notice for this reason.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.