Wiki Posts
Search

Strollers on Emirates

Search this Thread

Old Apr 18, 2015, 11:27 am
Original Poster

Exclamation Strollers on Emirates

Hi

I need advise with regards to gate checking a bugaboo bee on an emirates flight to Singapore.

Please let me know the dos and don'ts. This is the first time i'm travelling with my 10 month old.

Thank you
Old Apr 18, 2015, 11:05 pm

Programs: EK, AA, DL, UA, SPG, HGP, Amex
Where are you flying from? Are you transiting in Dubai?

You can gate check your stroller, but it will typically be delivered with at baggage claim at your final destination (not upon disembarking).

At check-in, Emirates can tag the stroller and will typically (depending on the station) have a big heavy duty clear plastic bag to put the stroller in. You can take the plastic bag with you till the gate.

If you are transiting in Dubai, Emirates provides strollers for you to use. They are everywhere around the terminal. They the classic MacLaren strollers (bright red, branded emirates) - look for them when you get off the plane or ask one ground staff.

When we've traveled with little ones, we go the baby bjorn / ergo carrier route. We often check the stroller in with the luggage. The baby carriers provide a "hands free" solution. We find the strollers to be a hassle (taking baby in/out, security, escalators, etc). The strollers are useful if the baby needs to sleep at a long transit stop, but the MacLaren strollers in Dubai are adequate (though not as nice as the bugaboo).
Old Apr 22, 2015, 8:03 am

Programs: EY Platinum, EK Skywards Gold, BA Gold, SPG Platinum
honestly the single best thing you can buy is the babyzen yoyo. We have been using it with our son since his first trip (8 months old - LON - DXB). No issues at all. it collapses to the size of a laptop bag and fits easily into even the smallest overhead locker. Its designed to be the width of the various isles, and till today we havent found an aisle that we have not been able to get through.

Advantage is you can open up the pushchair and place your (hopefully sleeping) baby straight into it. Get off the plane and continue! it takes 10 seconds to open and doesnt take too much space to open it as well.

For us its been an absolute life, back and time saver.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.