Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Emirates? Very bad company!

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4, 2015, 3:24 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
OP says he will never fly them again. Why should they bother trying to make it right as it won't make a difference?
Old Apr 4, 2015, 4:19 pm

Robertfrance, Please be courteous enough to reply to those people trying to help you.

Simply - did you pre-order a gluton free meal several days before you flew.
Old Apr 5, 2015, 12:36 am

Originally Posted by Stratheden
Robertfrance, Please be courteous enough to reply to those people trying to help you.

Simply - did you pre-order a gluton free meal several days before you flew.
Answered in post #7.

Obviously I request it on the manage booking part of the Emirates website one week in advance!
Old Apr 5, 2015, 12:52 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
I agree that the posts are more of a rant than being constructive.
Old Apr 5, 2015, 12:55 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
OP, please check with your doctor regarding what you can/can't eat. From your statements, it may be possible you are being far too afraid of accidental miniscule amounts that might brush up against fish/meat, etc. that would have been available to you. Gluten sensitivity is most often dose related.

Or just bring some food with you.
Old Apr 5, 2015, 1:48 am

I know folks with food allergies and other related challenges. Some of them are frequent travelers and always have a backup in their carry on bag. When I related OP's story to one of them, the reaction was "it is a relatively short 5-6 hr flight, get over it". While it is a bit harsh and in no way condones the lack of a pre-ordered special meal, there is a grain of truth in it.
Old Apr 5, 2015, 1:56 am

Programs: Emirates Silver, BA, Flying Blue, Virgin, IHG
Originally Posted by 678flyer
I know folks with food allergies and other related challenges. Some of them are frequent travelers and always have a backup in their carry on bag. When I related OP's story to one of them, the reaction was "it is a relatively short 5-6 hr flight, get over it". While it is a bit harsh and in no way condones the lack of a pre-ordered special meal, there is a grain of truth in it.
I have unusual severe allergies (anaphylaxis so I carry an epic pen at all tines) that can't be easily explained so as suggested here I carry snacks with me if airline food isn't suitable or I go without (and most of my travel is around 28 hours door to door to countries that don't have the same shopping opportunities as at home).
Old Apr 5, 2015, 3:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: IHG, AVIS President, Hertz GOLD, Starwood Gold, HHonors Diamond,
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by DYKWIA
Could you take a breath, and post exactly what happened, without emoticons or capitals?

Was the rice dish the gluten free meal that you ordered? If so, did you just consider it too small a portion?

Or

Did they not have the gluten free meal that you ordered, and offered the rice dish as an alternative?

You say that you were only offered champagne. Surely you had the option of soft drinks or wine?

You said the staff were rude, but nothing else. What exactly happened?
I repeat once again:
I have bougth two tickets Emirates in Business class (the first and the last time with shameful Emirates!) (I spent more than E. 8.000,00 for the worst travel of my life for Rome-Dubai and return).

I advice on the reservation form (ten days in dvance!) about my allergy (they have the option "gluten-free" on the form).

When I arrived at the airport I had to stay 28 minutes a check-in desk for a technical problem and cause the check-in desk of the Economy class was faster I asked to do it there, but they said I could not be made ​​it to another bank

I asked to the staff at the check-in desk about my "gluten-free" meals to be sure that everything is ok and they tell me they see my "gluten-free" meal on the reservation then I will have the same benefits of other passengers in business class.

Once on the plaine I asked about my meals once again and the Staff looked at me as if they not even knew what gluten is..and that they checked...

When my meal was arrived I realize that it is composed just of a bit of rice (not even give the bread) and two slices of zucchini (exactly 2!).

So for all the duration of the flight I was totally fasting because also the fruits was prepared in the same place of the other meals (and could be contaminated).

I leave you to imagine in which condition I was arrived at the destination...eating just some nuts

I called Emirates explaining what happened and asking them to provide a decent meal at least for the return, after 3 calls the answer was that I had to send an e -mail ..

I have sent the e-mail and the answer was that to investigate about it they need at least 20 days (I had the return after five days)

So for the return even worste, I inform all that the shameful Emirates in the "business Lounge in Dubai" don't have NOTHING "gluten-free" (so I was totally fasting not olnly during the flight but also before!)

I try to speak with the Staff that with a very bad behaviour suggested us to buy these meals ourself (so why on the Emirates website you could choose the meal? This is another shameful thing of the very bad Emirates!).

I let you image in which condition I was arrived at destination (tired, angry, offended and robbed of E.: 8.000,00! ).

In add of the bad preparation and the bad behaviour of the Staff in understanding my disconfort) I call once again Emirates to ask at least a gesture of understanding and after 30 days! the response was that they would not do anything and the case was closed,

I avoid to report the long discussions to make it clear to the staff their bad behaviour and their very bad organization.. (but it was just a waste of time).

I do NOT recommend Emirates at all also for the unable Staff and very poor organization.

Emirates is all sizzle and no steak! A big fraud Company!

Last edited by Robertfrance; Apr 5, 2015 at 3:53 am
Old Apr 5, 2015, 4:14 am

Errrr if you are absolutely so intolerant to gluten that you could possibly not eat the fruit because it may be "contaminated" how could you possibly trust that the gluten free meal prepared by the airline is not also contaminated??

IF you are that sensitive to gluten why are you not traveling with a self supply of snacks or food just in case something like this happens like others on this forum have suggested??

I agree with you that rice and zucchini is not a meal of substance, but carrying on here on the forum blustering the way you do will achieve nothing for you and if you carried on like this with Emirates i dont blame them for not taking your complaint seriously? I wouldn't if someone acted like this with the company i work for.
Old Apr 5, 2015, 4:50 am

Originally Posted by Firemansam
Errrr if you are absolutely so intolerant to gluten that you could possibly not eat the fruit because it may be "contaminated" how could you possibly trust that the gluten free meal prepared by the airline is not also contaminated??

IF you are that sensitive to gluten why are you not traveling with a self supply of snacks or food just in case something like this happens like others on this forum have suggested??

I agree with you that rice and zucchini is not a meal of substance, but carrying on here on the forum blustering the way you do will achieve nothing for you and if you carried on like this with Emirates i dont blame them for not taking your complaint seriously? I wouldn't if someone acted like this with the company i work for.
Coming from a hospitality background, I would definitely agree with you - it is impossible to completely guarantee no allergens present if you don't have complete control of the entire food chain, and no caterer can ever do that: they have to go on the warranties of their suppliers even if their preparation environment is 100% (not that you can ever, ever guarantee 100%) allergen free.

That's why anyone who lives with serious food allergies always has their own, self-prepared backups, so they can't blame anyone else if something happens and are guaranteed (at least to their own standards) to not go hungry.

I would also add that histrionics from customers, no matter how "justified" by service failures - and I think that failing to load a special meal, as I just can't believe the gluten-free meal in J was just rice and two slices of zucchini, is a serious service failure - is likely to ensure that staff only do exactly what is required of them by their protocols and not be helpful.

However, if the OP got aggressive with staff because the other parts of the meal weren't prepared in a specially sealed clean-room by catering, then the trays were not moved to the aircraft in a food safety audited process and then served by staff who might have the potential for cross-contamination from other parts of the insecure galley even though they wear disposable gloves and the meals are separate, then I have little sympathy for such outlandish expectations and any ensuing tantrums. If that level of food safety is required due to the seriousness of his medical conditions then once again we are back to the issue of "why didn't you prepare your own meals?". Expecting an airline, or any other business, to go to that length of risk reduction, especially when for the same demands, they get it right for many hundreds of customers every day (as evidenced by anecdotal reports), is, I think, rather unreasonable.

As an aside, I always want to bang my head against a wall when I hear of customers and guests getting angry that "why can't you 100% guarantee the food won't have x,y,z in it" I think it would be unprofessional of me to reply to them saying that if it's that serious, you should just stay at home and grow your own food

Last edited by eternaltransit; Apr 5, 2015 at 4:55 am
Old Apr 5, 2015, 4:51 am

Indeed... all the OP's incoherent ranting makes me wonder what he does for a job that pays well enough to afford the airfare. Move along folks, nothing to see here!

OP: if you are indeed being truthful about your situation, I suggest you write down a polite, calm, concise and coherent explanation of what happened. I trust that if you are capable of affording the airfare, that that is also within your capabilities. Then phone Emirates, and read out what has happened. Not being angry will go a long way towards getting a positive response.
Old Apr 5, 2015, 5:38 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Could you take a breath, and post exactly what happened, without emoticons or capitals?
Originally Posted by Robertfrance
I repeat once again:
I have bougth two tickets Emirates in Business class (the first and the last time with shameful Emirates!) (I spent more than E. 8.000,00 for the worst travel of my life for Rome-Dubai and return).

I do NOT recommend Emirates at all also for the unable Staff and very poor organization.

Emirates is all sizzle and no steak! A big fraud Company!
Oh well, I give in. If you can't answer simple questions coherently there's not point carrying on.

Just as a reference point, the only other thread the OP started went pretty much the same way...

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...t-big-lie.html
Old Apr 5, 2015, 6:05 am

Programs: EK Platinum
Just as a reference point, the only other thread the OP started went pretty much the same way...

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...t-big-lie.html
That's what I thought when he started this thread. Since then I didn't bother reading anything else from him in this thread. Just a big rant and everything is a FRAUD and very SHAMEFUL.
Old Apr 5, 2015, 6:07 am
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
Originally Posted by Havoc10G
OP are you aceboy in disguise ?!
Thats what I wondered, substitute 'hand lotion' for 'gluten free' and its quite similar..
Old Apr 5, 2015, 6:09 am

It's like Babu waving his finger at Jerry: you're a very very bad man!

If the OP has centurion then it is reasonable to expect that he's high net worth, at least well banked. Chances are that he flies quite often.

But his comments read like someone who just took their first commercial flight (might be hitting hard times, having flown private all these past years).

8k EUR is a lot of cash for a business fare ex-Italy, especially when some of their ULH F fares are less. So if he can afford 8k, why didn't he go F to begin with?

The OP fails to EXPLAIN in detail what he means by shameful, fraud and above all, rudeness.

In my 15 year of flying with EK I've only encountered a rude flight attendant. Not sure how the OP managed to get them all in 2 consecutive flights and on the ground! It's also interesting how he does not mention his experience on the inbound flight.

What's shameful is that we don't know the full details of your experience, so can't really establish facts and provide useful advice.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.