FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Emirates | Skywards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/emirates-skywards-490/)
-   -   Please Post Your Operational Upgrade Experiences - 2015/2016 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/emirates-skywards/1666449-please-post-your-operational-upgrade-experiences-2015-2016-a.html)

eternaltransit Nov 30, 2015 12:00 am

Originally Posted by skywardhunter (Post 25788865)
Yep this was the manifest used to note meal choices. I was just surprised by the fact it pointed out upgraded pax with a short (UG) after the name in a new column. My understanding (and I believe you had also stated this in another thread recently) is that only purser has access to info on op-ups.

Depends on the print out, sometimes it appears, sometimes it doesn't - FWIW the last time I had an op-up I didn't have the (UG) on the manifest they were using, sometimes it shows up with information that a SPML is loaded in the originally ticketed class.

EK temperamental IT systems :)

The purser is the only cabin crew member who has regular access to that kind of data though.

ioto1902 Nov 30, 2015 3:50 am

Originally Posted by skywardhunter (Post 25788865)
Yep this was the manifest used to note meal choices. I was just surprised by the fact it pointed out upgraded pax with a short (UG) after the name in a new column. My understanding (and I believe you had also stated this in another thread recently) is that only purser has access to info on op-ups.

It would be interesting to know if they can differentiate op-up from "paid" UG. (Purser probably can)
And, most important : what impact is there on the service provided ? ...

eternaltransit Nov 30, 2015 4:17 am

Originally Posted by ioto1902 (Post 25789444)
It would be interesting to know if they can differentiate op-up from "paid" UG. (Purser probably can)
And, most important : what impact is there on the service provided ? ...

Op-up is INVL-UPGD but paid is AWUP (miles), IBE PROMOTIONAL, or the new ticket class.

None of that appears on the usual manifests floating about.

Really should be no impact on service except in edge cases with capacity issues.

jackiedada Nov 30, 2015 10:10 am

Originally Posted by eternaltransit (Post 25789500)
Op-up is INVL-UPGD but paid is AWUP (miles), IBE PROMOTIONAL, or the new ticket class.

None of that appears on the usual manifests floating about.

Really should be no impact on service except in edge cases with capacity issues.

I've seen the "Involuntary Upgrade" manifest several times - typically stuck on the Galley ...

lowjhg Dec 5, 2015 2:20 pm

Here's another one from me:

Upgrade given: J - F

Upgrade location: Gate

Route: SIN-CMB

Flight number: EK349

Aircraft: 77W

Type of ticket: Business Saver

Date of travel: 6 December 2015

Tier status: QF Platinum

Tier miles to date: 0 on EK

Skywards miles balance: 0 on EK

Number of pax on the same PNR: 1

Last name started with Letter: L

---

Now this was an interesting one. As no one was booked in F, and the entire F cabin was an 100% op-up cabin (as confirmed by the crew), the entire F cabin was provided with J service. That's a first I've seen from EK lol.

Also can confirm that the crew manifest for pax meal order does list the upgrade given when at oversell conditions is written as (UPD OSALE) beside the status after the name.

jackiedada Dec 6, 2015 7:42 am

Originally Posted by lowjhg (Post 25818800)
Now this was an interesting one. As no one was booked in F, and the entire F cabin was an 100% op-up cabin (as confirmed by the crew), the entire F cabin was provided with J service. That's a first I've seen from EK lol.

They do it a lot from a couple of Indian Outstations, typically Y service in the J cabin...

skywardhunter Dec 6, 2015 10:03 am

Originally Posted by jackiedada (Post 25821188)
They do it a lot from a couple of Indian Outstations, typically Y service in the J cabin...

op-upped from/to Hyd always had J service, though they tend to forget to offer me dessert

jackiedada Dec 6, 2015 10:45 pm

Originally Posted by skywardhunter (Post 25821640)
op-upped from/to Hyd always had J service, though they tend to forget to offer me dessert

Depends on how many seats they have been been able to sell - If there are no pax in J, and Y is heavily oversold then Y service in J.

At BLR, I've got a couple of op-ups to F with J service. At BOM, J is typically oversold and F typically 50% full with fare paying pax so its always the service appropriate to the cabin class that you are sitting in.

flyingpig78 Dec 8, 2015 3:07 am

Upgrade location: Check-in

Route: MEL-DXB

Flight number: EK407

Aircraft: A380

Type of ticket: Business Saver

Date of travel: 8 December 2015

Tier status: QF Platinum

Tier miles to date: 0 on EK

Skywards miles balance: 0 on EK

Number of pax on the same PNR: 1

Last name started with Letter: M

daniel46211 Dec 9, 2015 2:38 am

Upgrade location: Check in

Route: DXB-SYD

Flight number: 412

Type of ticket: Business Flex

Date of travel: 07/12/2015

Tier status: IO / Had AS FFP on itin

Number of pax on the same PNR: 0

First time back on EK in over 8 months, got an upgrade with a semi-full J cabin (12 or so seats left)

m3red Dec 9, 2015 8:46 pm

Originally Posted by danblar (Post 25836081)

Upgrade location: Check in

Route: DXB-SYD

Flight number: 412

Type of ticket: Business Flex

Date of travel: 07/12/2015

Tier status: IO / Had AS FFP on itin

Number of pax on the same PNR: 0

First time back on EK in over 8 months, got an upgrade with a semi-full J cabin (12 or so seats left)

Maybe this is a new policy for io as I thought EK did not give space available upgrades. ^

skywardhunter Dec 9, 2015 11:38 pm

Originally Posted by m3red (Post 25841161)
Maybe this is a new policy for io as I thought EK did not give space available upgrades. ^

Must be. I've heard before from an EK Captain that he had an IO in Y and asked head office if he should upgrade and they said no, so perhaps...

daniel46211 Dec 9, 2015 11:44 pm

I should mention I did ask if 16K was available (it's a seat I always have selected). Upon finding out it was taken, an upgrade was her reply after getting approval from manager.

I posted here because it's kinda an op-up since they could not accomodate my seat preference

m3red Dec 10, 2015 7:18 am

Originally Posted by danblar (Post 25841683)
I should mention I did ask if 16K was available (it's a seat I always have selected). Upon finding out it was taken, an upgrade was her reply after getting approval from manager.

I posted here because it's kinda an op-up since they could not accomodate my seat preference

So you just now need to look at the seat maps and ask for a taken seat ^:D

ioto1902 Dec 11, 2015 12:58 am

Originally Posted by skywardhunter (Post 25841668)
Must be. I've heard before from an EK Captain that he had an IO in Y and asked head office if he should upgrade and they said no, so perhaps...

Interesting procedure.
On AF, the Captain is second only to God onboard. He can upgrade anyone, and usually does it for ... GPs.