Wiki Posts
Search

Multi leg points upgrade?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 10, 2015, 2:48 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA GS 1MM
Multi leg points upgrade?

I am new to Emirates so would appreciate any help!

I am flying IAH-DXB-SIN with an 8 hour layover in DXB. According to the mileage calculator, I can upgrade to F from my Bix Flex fare for 77,500.

My question is, if only the first leg IAH-DXB is available now, which costs 63,000 points -- what happens if the next leg DXB-SIN opens up?

That leg on its own is asking 39,000.

Would emirates just deduct the additional 14,500 or charge me the full leg?

If both were open, it would be 77,500 all the way through.

thanks!
Old Mar 10, 2015, 11:42 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by avi8tir
I am new to Emirates so would appreciate any help!

I am flying IAH-DXB-SIN with an 8 hour layover in DXB. According to the mileage calculator, I can upgrade to F from my Bix Flex fare for 77,500.

My question is, if only the first leg IAH-DXB is available now, which costs 63,000 points -- what happens if the next leg DXB-SIN opens up?

That leg on its own is asking 39,000.

Would emirates just deduct the additional 14,500 or charge me the full leg?

If both were open, it would be 77,500 all the way through.

thanks!

I've had this once before you need them both available or you are charged as separate upgrades at a higher rate. Might be worth waiting until check in to see if both are available then.
Old Mar 11, 2015, 1:19 am

If you want to ensure your first leg, book it when it's available.

If the second leg becomes available, and there is still further upgrade availability on the first leg, cancel the existing upgrade and do the full trip for the reduced mileage.

Don't rely on cancelling the first leg and that seat going back into upgrade inventory again.
Old Mar 12, 2015, 4:40 am

Programs: IHG Ambassador, Air NZ lowly Jade now, Emirates
I had a similar question. Except 2nd leg of trip is available now not first leg. Would prefer first leg to be upgraded or both legs
Old Mar 12, 2015, 3:47 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Originally Posted by Susiew237
I had a similar question. Except 2nd leg of trip is available now not first leg. Would prefer first leg to be upgraded or both legs
Emirates are fully aware that that's what you would prefer - which is precisely why they're not making it available.

Only joking. Although ..... sometimes you can't help thinking that the fates are conspiring against you

Good luck ^
Old Mar 15, 2015, 6:34 am

Programs: EK Gold, QF
Been here, done that. Unless upgraded/available at same time - you will be charged the higher point to point mile rate, than pay the difference had you/could you upgrade them all at the same time.
Old Mar 16, 2015, 9:17 pm

Programs: BA Silver, FB Plat, EK Gold, BonvoyAmb
Close to same topic so won't open new thread....

Multi leg ticket with a stopover in Dxb... Will upgrade price as the lower miles if both legs have upgrades available or must it be a connecting (less than 24 hours) flight combo?
Old Mar 17, 2015, 2:43 am

Originally Posted by yyzlhr
Close to same topic so won't open new thread....

Multi leg ticket with a stopover in Dxb... Will upgrade price as the lower miles if both legs have upgrades available or must it be a connecting (less than 24 hours) flight combo?
I think it will price out at the more expensive point-to-point cost, but if you go to MMB you can check the cost there; if you could report back that would be most appreciated!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.