Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

Dubai Connect worth it for 6h 40m?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Dubai Connect worth it for 6h 40m?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26, 2015, 5:33 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Blue
Question Dubai Connect worth it for 6h 40m?

Hi,

Been offered Dubai Connect for a 6hr 40 min connection in Dubai on business class (connection times 00:35 - 07:14). Was wondering if worth it given immigration and security queues as well as airport/hotel transfer times (all x2).

Maybe the lounge is good enough (1st time through Dubai) ?

Thanks for any info.
Old Jan 26, 2015, 6:07 am

2.5-3 hours of effective bed time. If you value sleep - and can shut down the moment you're in bed - over staying up in the lounge/drinks then go for it.
Old Jan 26, 2015, 6:09 am

Programs: EK Gold, Asia Miles, Aeroplan
I had 7hr's between MLE - DXB - MLE, used connect on my J fare and worked out great. Had a chance to take a shower, change clothes and grab some breakfast at the hotel. Made it back to DXB with plenty of time to spare.
Old Jan 26, 2015, 7:21 am

Originally Posted by weehaggis
Hi,

Been offered Dubai Connect for a 6hr 40 min connection in Dubai on business class (connection times 00:35 - 07:14). Was wondering if worth it given immigration and security queues as well as airport/hotel transfer times (all x2).

Maybe the lounge is good enough (1st time through Dubai) ?

Thanks for any info.
Landing at 0035, likely though immigration by 0120 at the latest (as it's your first time at DXB and you'll have to queue up at the desk for the facial scan/smart gate registration), get to hotel by 0200, asleep until 0445/0500 depending on how quickly you pack up and through security at 0515.

YMMV

Unless you have any plans in Dubai at that time, I think Dubai Connect is probably a good option for some relaxation/dinner.
Old Jan 26, 2015, 5:11 pm

Programs: AF Plat a vie, EK Gold, SQ PPS
Absolutely not, I never take it for that short of conx. Too much work for too little time in the hotel.
Old Jan 26, 2015, 5:15 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

I would take it; shouldn't take too long to get to hotel and a few hours in a bed is better than sitting over night in a hotel room

If wanting a longer sleep time , I would probably cough up and pay for a room at the airside hotel in the airport and can get a good full nights 5.5 hours rest

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.