Community
Wiki Posts
Search

lavs in C

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24, 2015, 7:19 am
Original Poster

lavs in C

on our recent flight DXB-BKK, seats 6E amd F, my wife went to use the lavs located in the galley between row 4 and 6, only to be turned down by an FA who told her in quite a rude manner: "this is F class, you got to go back to the loo in Biz ( which is at the very end of the aircraft, behind the cocktail bar).
apart from the fact that this TA acted very harsh and disrespectful; is the loo my wife wanted to use dedicated to F or not?
as for me, when flying in F it never occured to me that i should use any other restroom but one of those in front, which are way more comfortable and spacey...
Old Jan 24, 2015, 7:36 am

Programs: Skywards Blue :-(, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, GHA Platinum
Originally Posted by sunseeker
on our recent flight DXB-BKK, seats 6E amd F, my wife went to use the lavs located in the galley between row 4 and 6, only to be turned down by an FA who told her in quite a rude manner: "this is F class, you got to go back to the loo in Biz ( which is at the very end of the aircraft, behind the cocktail bar).
apart from the fact that this TA acted very harsh and disrespectful; is the loo my wife wanted to use dedicated to F or not?
as for me, when flying in F it never occured to me that i should use any other restroom but one of those in front, which are way more comfortable and spacey...
AFAIK the J class Loo's on the 380 are the four in the back. This is why I hate the 380 in J as there is a long trek to the back if you are sitting in the front.
Old Jan 24, 2015, 7:52 am

Programs: EK, BA, EY, SQ, IHG, HH, SPG
Yes the 4 at the back are the J class loo's, they tend to be more "protective" of the front loo for F pax when F is full and the showers are in use. Having said that when I have traveled in F I notice people coming from J all the time and using the front loo. The crew have usually turned a blind eye and are always polite at least when I have seen them. In my view they should tell people to go to the back albeit in a polite way as that loo is clearly intended for F only. Most of the J pax know this and are just trying it on!
Old Jan 24, 2015, 8:08 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
I'd concur with ukdoctor and HavocIOG.

The fact that the two bathrooms can be occupied for prolonged periods (ie whilst the showers are in use) means that the front loo referred to by OP is rightly protected by crew for F class pax only.
Old Jan 24, 2015, 8:21 am

Programs: Emirates Skywards Gold | South African Airways Voyager Gold
I think that the lab should be closed off to J passengers when the F load is greater than 60%. If not, and when a shower spa is free, J passengers should be able to use it. No F passenger would use it when a shower spa is available.
Old Jan 24, 2015, 9:02 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by ukdoctor
AFAIK the J class Loo's on the 380 are the four in the back. This is why I hate the 380 in J as there is a long trek to the back if you are sitting in the front.
I wondered from row 2 to the back loo and was then told that the loos were at the back... Go figure!!!

The crew was quickly corrected by someone else, clearly I don't look like I belong!
Old Jan 24, 2015, 9:06 am

Programs: EK, BA, EY, SQ, IHG, HH, SPG
lavs in C

Lol best compliment m3red if you follow the Groucho principle !
Old Jan 24, 2015, 4:20 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold
I think subject2load is correct. On one occasion when both showers were in use I got up to go to the loo at the back of the cabin just as a pax from J came through the curtain and into the loo. A crew member also saw this and suggested I return to my seat saying that she would lock the loo when the occupant left and come and fetch me which she did.

The occupied/vacant signs in J clearly indicate that the loos are at the back of the cabin while those in F indicate the showers at the front and the loo at the back of the cabin. I think that HavocIOG is spot on and that some (probably regular) J pax are just trying it on. I suppose for most of the time this doesn't really impact on passengers in F although perhaps some may consider that the extra which they pay entitles them to ready access to "facilities" without having to queue unnecessarily.
Old Jan 24, 2015, 4:33 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

The toilets in front of the curtain are not for those in business class ; in fact, iirc, the illuminated signs in the cabin indicating whether toilets are free or not also only show the availability of those at the rear of the cabin

In what way was the cabin crew member rude, or was he/she just direct?
Old Jan 24, 2015, 6:56 pm

Cabin crew keep this toilettes locked for F passengers. When they see a F passenger going back to use it they open the latch with a pen. Few years ago a crew member explained they do this to ward off J passengers from using it as it keeps showing as occupied.

Once while in the galley chatting to the purser, I saw a J passenger told off for queuing wanting to use it - in a commanding/strict voice.
Old Jan 24, 2015, 8:14 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by edy4eva
Cabin crew keep this toilettes locked for F passengers. When they see a F passenger going back to use it they open the latch with a pen. Few years ago a crew member explained they do this to ward off J passengers from using it as it keeps showing as occupied.
Yes have experienced this in F.
Old Jan 24, 2015, 9:58 pm

Programs: EK, AA, DL, UA, SPG, HGP, Amex
Originally Posted by ukdoctor
This is why I hate the 380 in J as there is a long trek to the back if you are sitting in the front.
(emphasis added)

Strong words for lav location!
Old Jan 24, 2015, 10:18 pm

Programs: QF QP
Originally Posted by Dave Noble
; in fact, iirc, the illuminated signs in the cabin indicating whether toilets are free or not also only show the availability of those at the rear of the cabin
You do recall correctly, Dave. The illuminated signs definitely indicate that the toilets are behind you.
Old Jan 24, 2015, 11:27 pm

Programs: EK Gold
Originally Posted by Ahmed777
I think that the lab should be closed off to J passengers when the F load is greater than 60%. If not, and when a shower spa is free, J passengers should be able to use it. No F passenger would use it when a shower spa is available.
Not sure I agree with this.

I think F toilets for F, ad J for J. I don't see why anyone in J feels they should be able to use F facilities, whether that's the toilets, bar, food etc. You pay for F, you get F facilities; you pay for J, you get J facilities.

... and to confirm, this is from the perspective of a J flier.
Old Jan 25, 2015, 12:53 am

Programs: WoH Globalist
To be fair I don't see signs in the lav which mentions "to be used exclusively for F class passengers." I have been in the J class on A380 for 5 times and never saw such a sign indicating J-class lav are located at the back of the plane...... So to be scolded by the crew when, unknowingly, you try to use the lav in the front is just unethical.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.