Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DXB-GLA 2 Class Flights

Search this Thread

Old Dec 17, 2014, 9:28 pm
Original Poster

DXB-GLA 2 Class Flights

A heads up for anyone travelling this route on the 2nd, 3rd or 4th January 2015.

Both flights on the 2nd, and EK27/28 on the 3rd and 4th look to have been changed to 2 Class planes.

Get in and check your seat selection now.
Old Dec 17, 2014, 10:17 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold
Anyone else not a fan of the 2 class? Don't know why, maybe the lack of opup chances!
Old Dec 18, 2014, 2:08 am

ft101 - do you know this just from checking via MMB? On flights to and from Singapore we've had aircraft changes and despite checking a few days before our flights and checking in on-line, we've had seat changes. Is there a better way to keep a watch out for changes?
Also, I'd love to use points (as they're not easy to use for anything else!) to upgrade us to F on the return from Sing to Dubai but according to expedia no one has booked an F seat on that route yet! Are they likely to downgrade that flight to a 2 class?
I'd be grateful for any guidance.
Old Dec 18, 2014, 3:04 am

Programs: Skywards Plat, Etihad Gold, Aerosvit Gold, Virgin Silver, AA lifetime Gold, Sirius Gold
Originally Posted by Broju
ft101 - do you know this just from checking via MMB? On flights to and from Singapore we've had aircraft changes and despite checking a few days before our flights and checking in on-line, we've had seat changes. Is there a better way to keep a watch out for changes?
Also, I'd love to use points (as they're not easy to use for anything else!) to upgrade us to F on the return from Sing to Dubai but according to expedia no one has booked an F seat on that route yet! Are they likely to downgrade that flight to a 2 class?
I'd be grateful for any guidance.
In my experience when I have upgraded with miles from J to F they have never downgraded the service to J even if I was the only pax in F. Once they did move the few that had bought J into the F cabin so that they could use the J cabin as a Y cabin and then had Y service in the J cabin and F service in the (then nearly full) F cabin.
Old Dec 18, 2014, 4:47 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Broju
ft101 - do you know this just from checking via MMB?
As it's a busy time of year (and I'm ever hopeful of an op-up) I'd been checking loads by doing a dummy booking.

I noticed my flight on 4/1/15 was no longer offering first so checked a few days either side and saw the others.

Roughly 80 more seats in Y available on each flight.
Old Dec 18, 2014, 6:17 am

80x Y are worth a lot more $ to EK than 8x F.
Old Dec 18, 2014, 6:45 am

Originally Posted by easterisland
80x Y are worth a lot more $ to EK than 8x F.
Depends on how much you're selling those Y seats and F seats for
But I think around 2nd-4th Jan, you're going to be seeing people buying the top Y/E class fares anyway so I think in this example you are right!
Old Dec 21, 2014, 3:33 am

Which aircraft?

We're flying from Newcastle on EK36 on 20th Jan. It's a 2 class flight.The plane is a 777-300ER and our seat choice was made from the usual presentation by Emirates showing seating 1-5 in the first business class cabin and row 6 in the mini cabin just beyond the galley. This has always been the screen presented to us by Emirates but often on boarding it has been the plane with the 2 rows in a mini cabin in the front (maybe this is a 3 class plane?)
We currently have seats 5 A and B selected but I gather from reading on here that 5B might not have been a good choice and I know my husband would appreciate the privacy of that elusive mini cabin! Just how soon before the flight would I be able to determine which aircraft we'll be on? In the past I've checked the seating guide again before checking in on-line but it's always shown the original screen, even when the aircraft flown has had the front mini cabin!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.