Community
Wiki Posts
Search
View Poll Results: Is Emirates A Financial Scam?
Yes
15.52%
No
60.92%
Dont care
20.11%
Undecided
3.45%
Voters: 174. You may not vote on this poll

Is Emirates a financial scam?

Search this Thread

Old May 24, 2015, 5:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by iahphx
Of course I'm familiar with the Economist -- it's a boring English-based magazine that few people actually read.
You increasingly come across as someone with a chip on their shoulder and an axe to grind.

I'm sure many people find The Economist "boring", but they would not be the kind of people who could offer any kind of informed opinion on any of the matters raised in this thread.
Old May 24, 2015, 12:57 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA GM, AA GM, DL GM
Originally Posted by irishguy28
I'm sure many people find The Economist "boring", but they would not be the kind of people who could offer any kind of informed opinion on any of the matters raised in this thread.
... as proven by the OP's posts in this thread. @:-)

Last edited by UA1K_no_more; May 24, 2015 at 1:38 pm
Old May 24, 2015, 2:02 pm

Originally Posted by edy4eva
It doesn't take a genius or an analyst to pull up relevant research on the matter from the internet. And any talk of media independence/impartiality is ridiculous, given how the US media can be bought/sold and manipulated. The US media propaganda is the most successful in the world because the masses refuse to recognise it as being one!
I doubt any one in USA rely on US main stream media to get valid aviation news. CNN cannot get even plane model right. Fox and MSNBC have no interest in aviation. Financial magazines are interested in quarterly profits.

US3 so far ran ads in Washington, DC and in cities with aviation summits. Target audience are US politicians, ME3 leadership and aviation analysts. They are not trying to convince general public.
Old May 24, 2015, 8:17 pm

Programs: QF PS, EK-Gold, Security Theatre Critic
Originally Posted by FD1971
Sorry for being so blunt, but I simply do not have the time and most of your arguments are not really worth an investment of time (most of them have been answered already or are not really part of the discussion)

As pointed out before, EK paid for my trips to Dubai&the air show and also paid me teaching at their training facilities (back in the days when the Tennis Stadium was just around the corner) , so maybe you should stick to announcing the next song and singer instead of trying to play airline analyst.
And again, here is an excellent example of your (lack of) reasoning.

You see "Radio" in my user name and make the (completely wrong) assumption that I'm a radio announcer, despite the fact that I've said all over FT (including in this thread) that I'm an engineer.

Similarly you see EK's offer of "free limos" and "showers" and make the (completely wrong) association that every passenger on "the lowest possible Y fare" gets these perks.

You have a sense that there's a gold market in Dubai and make the (completely unfounded) assumption that all the poverty-stricken backpackers and poor people from India are buying up gold on their "free stopovers."

Far from having "already answered" the disconnect between cheap Y fares and "free limos" or the absence of any non-stop Australia-Europe flights, you just dodge the question and sling accusations.

There is no logic, just random word association. Clearly any "training" you had from EK was wasted.
Gääähhnnnn.
That is the most coherent thing you've said in this entire thread. If I were you, I'd leave it at that.
Old May 24, 2015, 10:20 pm

We've heard enough accusations, opinions, insults, theories, remarks, etc, etc regarding EK being subsidized. A whole big thread with a whole lot of nothing.

Either prove with out a doubt that EK is subsidized or don't waste our time any more.
Old May 24, 2015, 11:43 pm

Originally Posted by NOIR
We've heard enough accusations, opinions, insults, theories, remarks, etc, etc regarding EK being subsidized. A whole big thread with a whole lot of nothing.

Either prove with out a doubt that EK is subsidized or don't waste our time any more.
^^
Old May 25, 2015, 2:12 am
Suspended

Programs: Everything is refundable
Originally Posted by NOIR

It is beautiful to see the fans ignore reality.

I understand that you prefer black, some of your colleagues in the stands right next to you prefer grey smoke, but both of you cannot ignore the cold hard reality of $44 Billion and the expert opinion of way too many guys with insider information.

I do not even want to use words like common sense, I simply do not expect any common sense from people who lack the most basic qualifications to judge.

Being an EK fan is simply not enough...

Originally Posted by RadioGirl
And again, here is an excellent example of your (lack of) reasoning.

You see "Radio" in my user name and make the (completely wrong) assumption that I'm a radio announcer, despite the fact that I've said all over FT (including in this thread) that I'm an engineer.

Similarly you see EK's offer of "free limos" and "showers" and make the (completely wrong) association that every passenger on "the lowest possible Y fare" gets these perks.

You have a sense that there's a gold market in Dubai and make the (completely unfounded) assumption that all the poverty-stricken backpackers and poor people from India are buying up gold on their "free stopovers."

Far from having "already answered" the disconnect between cheap Y fares and "free limos" or the absence of any non-stop Australia-Europe flights, you just dodge the question and sling accusations.

There is no logic, just random word association. Clearly any "training" you had from EK was wasted.

That is the most coherent thing you've said in this entire thread. If I were you, I'd leave it at that.
Ok, I bite, but only with a copy and paste from my post yesterday.

Sorry for being so blunt, but I simply do not have the time and most of your arguments are not really worth an investment of time (most of them have been answered already or are not really part of the discussion)

If you come up with something new, I am more than happy to invest a few minutes.

Last edited by Zol; May 25, 2015 at 12:56 pm
Old May 25, 2015, 2:29 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting

As pointed out before, EK paid for my trips to Dubai&the air show and also paid me teaching at their training facilities (back in the days when the Tennis Stadium was just around the corner) , so maybe you should stick to announcing the next song and singer instead of trying to play airline analyst.
So you are claiming to be in on the scam? Then what a scandal.

For the "migrant workers" category, EK paid for a lot of trips for a lot of people; and they even paid for janitorial services training. Airline analysts, the lot them? Either way, not impressed by hot air and hollow claims about EK, LH, and UA. Did EK welcome you as a "migrant worker"? Did they pay you good money? If not, what a scam.
Old May 25, 2015, 2:45 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by GUWonder
So you are claiming to be in on the scam? Then what a scandal.

For the "migrant workers" category, EK paid for a lot of trips for a lot of people; and they even paid for janitorial services training. Airline analysts, the lot them? Either way, not impressed by hot air and hollow claims about EK, LH, and UA. Did EK welcome you as a "migrant worker"? Did they pay you good money? If not, what a scam.
Again, the whole story did not fall out of the sky, experts knew what was going on for years, if not longer, the US3 just decided to make it way more public than ever before.

Weber used to work the streets in Bonn and Berlin in a different way.

I do not think that anyone who worked in the Middle East as a foreign expert complained about the payment and treatment, once again highlighting the difference they make between cheap workers from certain parts of the World and more expensive workers from other parts of the World.

And once again, your blind hate for the US3 or the TSA or Fleece Shirts makes you a poster child for biased comments, which is sad, you def. have something to offer, please do not wrap it into the usual boring tirades about the US3 or EU3.

All those carriers are making use of all the tricks available in that big playbook, the ME3 just did it at the wrong time and copied too many tricks from that book over a very short period of time.
Old May 25, 2015, 2:49 am

I understand that you prefer black, some of your colleagues in the stands right next to you prefer grey smoke, but both of you cannot ignore the cold hard reality of $44 Billion and the expert opinion of way too many guys with insider information.

I do not even want to use words like common sense, I simply do not expect any common sense from people who lack the most basic qualifications to judge.

Once again with the $44 Billion number, are you actually attributing the whole of the US3 White Paper allegations to EK alone? Or do you have information that EK has had $44 Billion in subsidies that were not found by the US3 investigation? Or are you deliberately quoting the whole amount for the ME3 to EK to make it sound worse?

Last edited by Enzokk; May 25, 2015 at 2:51 am Reason: Spelling
Old May 25, 2015, 3:08 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Enzokk
Once again with the $44 Billion number, are you actually attributing the whole of the US3 White Paper allegations to EK alone? Or do you have information that EK has had $44 Billion in subsidies that were not found by the US3 investigation? Or are you deliberately quoting the whole amount for the ME3 to EK to make it sound worse?
I think I made it clear that I care first and foremost about the $2.3 Billion the US3 discovered at Emirates related to doing business 'internally'

To be honest with you, this is already more than enough and will educate the average reader about what is going on at Emirates...or Qatar or Etihad or Turkish.
Old May 25, 2015, 3:10 am

How does this compare with the $26 billion that Boeing has lost on 787 by deferred accounting or is this not a "scam" as it is a USA company.
At least Airbus accounts for losses as it makes them not apportioning them across the next 1300 planes they make.
Old May 25, 2015, 3:39 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
"Doing business 'internally'" is big business in the US, including for the US3 and EU3 with huge frequent flyer program businesses. Is that a scam or a scandal too?

And once again, your blind hate for the US3 or the TSA or Fleece Shirts makes you a poster child for biased comments, which is sad, you def. have something to offer, please do not wrap it into the usual boring tirades about the US3 or EU3.
Imagination is such a fanciful thing, as also with the above reference to hatreds which don't exist.

Of course, the above post's reference to hatred is rather telling, if not misdirected, as with the hand that points a finger of accusation but has more fingers pointed back at the person with the pointing hand.

There is good reason to think that this thread was started and driven forward in a reflection of the xenophobic hatred of a sort that drives emotions against EK and some selected others.
Old May 25, 2015, 5:22 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by GUWonder
"Doing business 'internally'" is big business in the US, including for the US3 and EU3 with huge frequent flyer program businesses. Is that a scam or a scandal too?
Please, please spare us with more of your comments re. fleecing of the customer & FFP.
Old May 25, 2015, 5:44 am

OMG the pest is back, are you bored, or do you really have nothing better to do but linger around here all day, and night with your empty talk???

I thought I made it clear that we don't care about your feelings, impressions, judgments, accusations, what's so ever any more, so learn to move on.

Only if you have solid proof with out a doubt that EK is subsidized come back to us which will be hard to do because not even the heads of the US3 can prove that as now.

What ever makes your boat float Hanz.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.