Lounge Access on Partner Airlines

Old Oct 18, 2014, 5:24 am
Original Poster

Programs: EK - Silver; Accor - Silver; O6 - Gold; BAEC - Silver; Flying Blue; SPG; Krisflyer
Lounge Access on Partner Airlines

One of my biggest bug bear about the Skywards program, is that it does not allow lounge access when flying on a partner airline.

Example:

Flying from SIN to NRT on JAL (EK partner) in Y. You can't use JAL's lounge even if you are Gold or Plat skyward member.

One of the biggest advantage I had when holding a *A gold was access to lounge and J check-in.

Anyone else feel the same?
Old Oct 18, 2014, 6:30 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Can't say I do myself, in all honesty. I take the view that there are sometimes too many categories of entitlement in airport lounges.

Personally I would tighten access even more than already happens, if I had my way. That's because I feel that eligibility (other than in the case of 'generic' lounges of course) should be restricted to those flying by the airline who has provided the facility.

And as an aside, I would also enforce much stricter control where young, poorly-behaved children are concerned.

I won't be at all surprised to get flamed by other posters. But hey, that's my opinion.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.