Search

Tier Miles Expiry Date

Search this Thread

Old Aug 28, 2014, 6:02 am
Original Poster

Programs: EK Gold
Tier Miles Expiry Date

Hello!

I have two questions regarding the expiry date of EK Tier miles.

I require an additional 12.5k miles to renew Gold by 30th November, as detailed by my Skywards statement.

Does this mean I have to gain those by 23.59 on 29th November or 23.59 on 30th November.

Secondly, with my return trip being overnight, I guess the Tier miles get split between 1st leg and 2nd leg? (i.e. 30th Nov / 1st Dec)

I'm planning to complete a trip around these dates, but would not want to miss out on renewing gold for the sake of one day.

Kind regards
Bigriver
Old Aug 28, 2014, 6:11 am

Originally Posted by bigriver
I require an additional 12.5k miles to renew Gold by 30th November, as detailed by my Skywards statement.

Does this mean I have to gain those by 23.59 on 29th November or 23.59 on 30th November.
23:59 on 30th November.

Originally Posted by bigriver
Secondly, with my return trip being overnight, I guess the Tier miles get split between 1st leg and 2nd leg? (i.e. 30th Nov / 1st Dec)
Incorrect. The tier miles will be credited at the end of your return trip.

You don't actually receive miles for the different sectors, only one quantity of miles for the outbound and one for the inbound.
Old Aug 28, 2014, 6:23 am
Original Poster

Thank you ft101 for your prompt reply.

Forgive me for a moment....So with a return (2 sector) flight leaving at 23.55 on 30th November, I would secure the additional miles required?

Otherwise I'm 500 short of renewal.

Kind regards
Bigriver
Old Aug 29, 2014, 12:11 am

No. The miles would be credited at the end of your return trip (or a few hours later) which would make it 1st December, if I've understood you correctly.
Old Aug 29, 2014, 10:13 am
Original Poster

ft101, thank you again for your reply, you understood correctly.

kind regards
Bigriver

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.