Search

Upgrading from J to F

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22, 2014, 5:23 am
Original Poster

Programs: EK
Upgrading from J to F

Greetings all,

Have been trying to get caught up with all the changes to EK since I've been gone the past few years..

Will be purchasing a J flex from ADD-DXB-JFK and have a family member with plenty of skywards miles.. he wants to give me enough to upgrade from J to F. Does emirates still limit the amount of seats available for upgrade?

on a side note.. $25 for every 1k transfer is crazy.. that's how much I recall paying to purchase miles outright.. seems like gifting rewards is still the best way to go.
Old Aug 22, 2014, 5:40 am

Programs: EK Plat, HHonors Gold
J-F is going to be especially hard on the JFK route. That is because EK manages to sell all its F inventory so there isn't much left for upgrades. F routinely sells out before J and J before Y. Here is an example for my upcoming travel next weekend. See how F is totally sold out on most of the 3 daily flights.
Old Aug 22, 2014, 5:55 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jackiedada
J-F is going to be especially hard on the JFK route. That is because EK manages to sell all its F inventory so there isn't much left for upgrades. F routinely sells out before J and J before Y. Here is an example for my upcoming travel next weekend. See how F is totally sold out on most of the 3 daily flights.
thanks jackie.. That's pretty crazy that it sells out so quickly.

If there are seats available will EK allow me to upgrade? I plan to purchase my ticket way in advance (~November: Thanksgiving trip)..

Plan to purchase within the next 2 weeks..
Old Aug 22, 2014, 6:19 am

Programs: Skywards Blue :-(, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, GHA Platinum
Originally Posted by jumanji
thanks jackie.. That's pretty crazy that it sells out so quickly.

If there are seats available will EK allow me to upgrade? I plan to purchase my ticket way in advance (~November: Thanksgiving trip)..

Plan to purchase within the next 2 weeks..
Miles don't need to be transferred to your account. Any skywards member with skywards miles in their account can upgrade your ticket .

Once your ticket is booked access your reservation using your surname and booking reference(You should not log in at this point). Now go to the section which says upgrade with miles and it will show availability. Now log in using your relatives skywards account details and do the upgrade.
Old Aug 22, 2014, 10:58 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ukdoctor
Miles don't need to be transferred to your account. Any skywards member with skywards miles in their account can upgrade your ticket .

Once your ticket is booked access your reservation using your surname and booking reference(You should not log in at this point). Now go to the section which says upgrade with miles and it will show availability. Now log in using your relatives skywards account details and do the upgrade.
Thanks ukdoc.. I'm already listed as his travel coordinator..

So now.. only question remains.. does EK allow all available F to upgraded to? Or do they only allow a seat or two per flight.
Old Aug 22, 2014, 11:37 am

Thanks ukdoc.. I'm already listed as his travel coordinator..

So now.. only question remains.. does EK allow all available F to upgraded to? Or do they only allow a seat or two per flight.
Limited seats per flight. Not all flights have availability. Better check for Z availability before booking your J ticket. They do sometimes open up more F seats closer to the flight date ( if they cant sell them.)
Old Aug 22, 2014, 12:48 pm

when you get to the airport, slam your foot into the counter and tell them you hurt it, maybe they'll give you an upgrade to F.
Old Aug 23, 2014, 8:00 am
Original Poster

Limited seats per flight. Not all flights have availability. Better check for Z availability before booking your J ticket. They do sometimes open up more F seats closer to the flight date ( if they cant sell them.)
Thank you.. I'm guessing expertflyer is still the place to go to see these classes/codes? I really want to experience F on the 380..

Originally Posted by nuzbim
when you get to the airport, slam your foot into the counter and tell them you hurt it, maybe they'll give you an upgrade to F.
Thanks jerk store.
Old Aug 23, 2014, 1:19 pm

I use expertflyer and go to the awards and upgrades section. Even if there is no availability you can set up an alert which emails you if a seat becomes available.(if you have the pro version)
Old Aug 24, 2014, 9:20 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
I've been in f hkg dxb for months. Now it's 10/14 literally the last 2 days.

Still z X 3. Clearly they allocate certain j and z amd that's it.... Must be very route specific
Old Aug 26, 2014, 3:03 am
Original Poster

I use expertflyer and go to the awards and upgrades section. Even if there is no availability you can set up an alert which emails you if a seat becomes available.(if you have the pro version)
Thanks.. I recall setting up alerts back when I used to fly emirates all the time.. looks like i'll be signing up for an account once I actually get my ticket.. Thanks for all the info ukdoc.

Originally Posted by m3red
I've been in f hkg dxb for months. Now it's 10/14 literally the last 2 days.

Still z X 3. Clearly they allocate certain j and z amd that's it.... Must be very route specific
Interesting.. hopefully the JFK route will have some.. otherwise I'll burn the miles elsewhere.
Old Aug 26, 2014, 6:24 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Thanks.. I recall setting up alerts back when I used to fly emirates all the time.. looks like i'll be signing up for an account once I actually get my ticket.. Thanks for all the info ukdoc.

Interesting.. hopefully the JFK route will have some.. otherwise I'll burn the miles elsewhere.
my flight last night went out 8/14 in the end, amazing how many last minute F changes there are.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.