Skywards Tier Points

Old Aug 6, 14, 12:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver; EK Silver, IHG Gold
Skywards Tier Points

So I need to earn an additional 5750 tier points before Jan 31 2015 to keep my card... I have no planned EK travel in that timeframe so will have to do a mileage run...

However, I can find no easy way of discovering what the cheapest way to earn those tier miles is.. is there an easy way of finding out?
Old Aug 6, 14, 1:07 am

Programs: EK Gold, HHonors Diamond
Use the EK mileage calculator.
http://www.emirates.com/account/engl...alculator.aspx
Old Aug 6, 14, 1:21 am

"Book a Flight" from the main web page, then select "Inspire Me".

After selecting dates etc you'll get a list of destinations by cost on the map. Use along with the Mileage Calculator.
Old Aug 6, 14, 3:45 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by derekmines View Post
So I need to earn an additional 5750 tier points before Jan 31 2015 to keep my card... I have no planned EK travel in that timeframe so will have to do a mileage run...

However, I can find no easy way of discovering what the cheapest way to earn those tier miles is.. is there an easy way of finding out?
A quick hop DXB CMB in J will do the trick. Its not much more to fly it in F.
Old Aug 6, 14, 5:57 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver; EK Silver, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by m3red View Post
A quick hop DXB CMB in J will do the trick. Its not much more to fly it in F.
How right you are... DXB - CMB rtn in J nets me 5950 tier for a cost of 4735aed...
Interestingly DXB - COK in J gets me the same TPs for 3885aed

Also I could go to Vienna (a city I love) for 3795aed to get me 6k TPs (sadly that one's only in the back of the bus but a weekend in Vienna doesn't sound too bad!
Old Aug 6, 14, 8:06 am

How right you are... DXB - CMB rtn in J nets me 5950 tier for a cost of 4735aed...
Also I could go to Vienna (a city I love) for 3795aed to get me 6k TPs (sadly that one's only in the back of the bus but a weekend in Vienna doesn't sound too bad!
plus about 800 AED for a visa.

CMB is perfect. I do weekends there quite often staying at Jetwing Blue in Negombo (10 mins from airport). A great way to convince the wife to take advantage of EX CMB fares.

I'm going in Nov to then go to NBO but staying at Casa Colombo for 2 nights - check it out!
Old Aug 6, 14, 8:42 am

Programs: Skywards GOLD, Eurobonus DIAMOND, Etihad Guest GOLD

Well can see your based in Dubai and from UK ?? I would plan a FLEX economy trip home which will earn you 6000 Tier Miles - done deal - and even a chance to have a nice beer in a pub at home ^^

/Schwert
Old Aug 6, 14, 8:48 am

Originally Posted by Schwert View Post
Well can see your based in Dubai and from UK ?? I would plan a FLEX economy trip home which will earn you 6000 Tier Miles - done deal - and even a chance to have a nice beer in a pub at home ^^

/Schwert
I'd rather fly J to CMB!
Old Aug 6, 14, 12:46 pm
Zol
Moderator: Emirates Skywards and Qatar Airways Privilege Club

Programs: EK Gold|EY Gold|Bonvoy Ambassador| IHG Plat|HHonors Diamond

/Schwert
A flex fare to the UK would set him back at least AED 5.5 - 6K in Y.
Old Aug 6, 14, 12:58 pm

Programs: Skywards Blue :-(, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, GHA Platinum
Originally Posted by Zol View Post
A flex fare to the UK would set him back at least AED 5.5 - 6K in Y.
Spot on . You can get more for your money by flying east from DXB.
Old Aug 6, 14, 1:05 pm

Programs: Skywards Blue :-(, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, GHA Platinum

COK does not have a dedicated EK lounge. The shared lounge used to be initially landside and then moved airside(after complaints by pax)
The so called move airside was even worse as the 'lounge' was just a part of the normal airport area with a few tensa barriers to create the lounge!!!.

Havent flown EK from COK since 2012 but AFAIK there is still no EK lounge or chauffeur drive at COK. I do sometimes fly into COK from DXB though and the immigration queue can be a mess at peak times. I usually fly to DEL and then go to COK or sometimes fly into COK from DXB and fly back from DEL.
Old Aug 7, 14, 7:51 am

Programs: EK, AA, DL, UA, SPG, HGP, Amex
Fares ex South Africa in F and J are pretty attractive. Doing a similar mileage run as part of a necessary trip to North America - an extra $2k to fly F (instead of Y) to West Coast and qualify for plat at the same time.
Old Aug 7, 14, 8:10 am

Programs: Skywards GOLD, Eurobonus DIAMOND, Etihad Guest GOLD
Originally Posted by extramileage View Post
Fares ex South Africa in F and J are pretty attractive. Doing a similar mileage run as part of a necessary trip to North America - an extra $2k to fly F (instead of Y) to West Coast and qualify for plat at the same time.
WOW - only 2k$ rom Dubai to Cali from Y-F, well well empressive.
Old Aug 7, 14, 8:58 am

Programs: EK, AA, DL, UA, SPG, HGP, Amex
WOW - only 2k$ rom Dubai to Cali from Y-F, well well empressive.
to be clear - that's only 1 way. Return in Y, but can use the 57K miles saved from the planned upgrade to J and/or the 30K miles earned on the way there to work for an upgrade on the return (or maybe get lucky with an op up)

If I recall correctly, the round trip F ticket was sub $6k. Still pretty good.
Old Aug 7, 14, 12:48 pm

Programs: Emirates Skywards Gold | South African Airways Voyager Gold
Originally Posted by extramileage View Post
Unfortunately not for South Africans. I have been doing so much Y flying recently as the fares are exorbitant for us due to the Dollar-Rand exchange rate being at the highest it's been in years.

For those earning Dollars I can see how they are attractive .

Search this Thread
Search Engine: