Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

Dubai buisness class lounge at 4am

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 17, 2014, 12:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Skywards silver

Hi folks, I was just wondering if the buisness class lounge is open 24hrs in dubai? Flight arrives dubai at midnight and next flight leaves dubai at 4am, just wondering if the lounge is still open? And also if open what will be at the food stations at this time, will it still be dinner foods at the buffet at midnight? Also is dubai airport busy At this time?
Many thanks!
Old Jun 17, 2014, 12:23 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by Bouncingsouls
Hi folks, I was just wondering if the buisness class lounge is open 24hrs in dubai? Flight arrives dubai at midnight and next flight leaves dubai at 4am, just wondering if the lounge is still open? And also if open what will be at the food stations at this time, will it still be dinner foods at the buffet at midnight? Also is dubai airport busy At this time?
Many thanks!
Busiest time at dxb and the lounge will be very busy, everything is open...
Old Jun 18, 2014, 12:25 am

Programs: Skywards Platinum
Food in the lounge - there always seems to be a selection of EVERYTHING 24/7 .... be it breakfast foods you crave, or various cuisine choices ............
Old Jun 18, 2014, 5:40 am

Programs: Skywards Blue :-(, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, GHA Platinum
The dinner buffet changes to breakfast buffet between 2AM to 3AM AFAIK.
They change the dishes one by one so you will never be without food at the buffet .I sometimes mix breakfast dishes with dinner dishes.

They usually have hot dogs and ice cream as well. You can always ask for them at the buffet counter . They may not be displayed in some of the food counters but just ask.
Old Jun 18, 2014, 6:57 am

Programs: Skywards Gold, Amex Plat, SkyTeam Silver
Originally Posted by ukdoctor
They usually have hot dogs and ice cream as well. You can always ask for them at the buffet counter . They may not be displayed in some of the food counters but just ask.

As tragic as it sounds, my lounge ritual is usually a class of champagne, a rum and coke and a hot dog with ketchup =]
Old Jun 18, 2014, 7:02 am

Programs: Skywards Blue :-(, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, GHA Platinum
Originally Posted by marconess
As tragic as it sounds, my lounge ritual is usually a class of champagne, a rum and coke and a hot dog with ketchup =]
Not as tragic as my previous habit of drinking champagne in the pint glasses.

Last edited by ukdoctor; Jun 18, 2014 at 7:24 am
Old Jun 18, 2014, 2:02 pm

Programs: EK Plat, HHonors Gold
IME, breakfast choices in the F lounge are nothing great. Lunch and dinner options are far better....
Old Jun 18, 2014, 2:18 pm

I'm convinced that premium travel/facilities infantilises people, if only by the fact I gravitate to the chocolate muesli in the lounges at every breakfast time...
Old Jun 18, 2014, 9:54 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred Plus, National Executive
Probably a silly question and just curious but what hours do they serve alcohol in the lounge?
Old Jun 18, 2014, 10:01 pm

Programs: EK Plat, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by apodo77
Probably a silly question and just curious but what hours do they serve alcohol in the lounge?
24 hours
Old Jun 19, 2014, 1:20 am

Programs: EK, AA, DL, UA, SPG, HGP, Amex
Originally Posted by ukdoctor

The back of the B concourse lounge (much less crowded than the front half) has a children's counter with said hot dogs cooking on rollers, ice cream, cookie jar...

Pick up your drink on the way there and you're set.
Old Jun 19, 2014, 2:28 am

Originally Posted by apodo77
All of them.
Old Jun 19, 2014, 3:42 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Some interesting food & drink preferences ! My own use of the lounge and its refreshment offerings seems positively urbane in comparison.

Hot dogs & ketchup .... ? Good to see that - contrary to reports in the media - the 'glamorous age' of air travel is still with us ........
Old Jun 19, 2014, 10:51 am

Programs: Skywards Gold, Miles & More, SPG, Marriott
I'm a beggar for those Otis Spunkmeyer (yes, that's the real name) muffins, all 4 flavours. I always stick a few in my carry-on
Old Jun 19, 2014, 11:20 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Four flavours of muffins .....? Maybe I should be making more use of the facilities on future trips, seems like I haven't been paying much attention to all the treats on offer.....

Airlines already make heaps of profit on premium cabin tickets but I reckon they must make even more profit from me. In the lounge I'll maybe have a Bloody Mary if it's afternoon/evening, but tend to stick to fresh orange juice in the morning. Plus nuts, crisps etc. Then once on board, I'm not that crazy about champagne (whether Dom Perignon or otherwise) although I certainly do enjoy the main meals + some decent wine, maybe a nice cognac too.

In truth, it's the space, the peace & quiet (barring unfortunate exceptions !) and the extra comfort that I value more than anything.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.