Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

Are the exit rows really booked up?

Old Jun 15, 13, 2:05 am
Original Poster

Hello

I am not flying till November but when I have been on manage my bookings, I see that all the exit rows have already been pre-booked. My question is, do you think this is really the case or have they just blocked the sits and it is a case of turning up early to request for one of these rows?

Sure somebody knows so just thought I would ask all you frequent flyers.

Thank you

Tenille
Old Jun 15, 13, 2:14 am

Programs: Emirates Platinum
You can only get these seats at check-in at the airport. They have to determine you're physically able.
Old Jun 15, 13, 3:11 am
Original Poster

Ok, thanks. Do you know if they also decide to give you the seat or not based on if they think you need it, ie being a tall person. I will be honest, I don't really need it but just thought it would be nice for once.

Thanks
Old Jun 15, 13, 5:25 am

Programs: Emirates Platinum
No, don't think they give it nearly as much thought as that.
Old Jun 15, 13, 6:33 am

Programs: Skywards, Miles & More, BA Exec Club
Just get there early and ask nicely and you should be okay.
Old Jun 15, 13, 12:02 pm

Programs: Platinum : Amex | Gold : EK SPG Carlson | Basic : PriorityPass AF UA BA Hilton Accor Hyatt iHG
Don't forget!

Many times the seats stay empty if the flight is full of vacationers or newbies then they jump on them like vultures even without asking to the FAs...
Old Jun 15, 13, 3:09 pm

Best bet is to get on board last and as the crew is those seats are vacant that way who ever took those seats will have to move thinking you are the actual seat owner , can even ask FA to show you to the seat for backup
Old Jun 15, 13, 5:33 pm

Programs: EK, BA, EY, SQ, IHG, HH, SPG

It's all fair game in my view when the flight isn't full! Everyone will try to get a row if possible and at least a bulk head. Not all strategies work but I see it as part of the fun and games when in Y class. Cabin crew have low expectations of the passengers and everyone is eyeing up the free seats!!

Search this Thread
Search Engine: