Wiki Posts
Search

Children in lounge

Search this Thread

Old May 15, 2013, 8:46 am
Original Poster

Programs: Emirates Silver, BA, Flying Blue, Virgin, IHG
Children in lounge

I will be gold after my next trip and so will be making use of the lounge facilities (the silver lounge being closed for most of my time as silver) for me and my husband on a trip in the summer. What are the chances of being able to bring the children in with us? I suspect zero but thought I would ask. They are 12 and 14 but very small so look about 10 and 11. I'm particulalry interested in Dubai as the flights we are looking at (MAN-CMB) have 5 hours in DXB on the way back.
Old Jun 19, 2013, 6:33 am
Original Poster

Any thoughts on this?
Old Jun 19, 2013, 6:52 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by HelloKittysMum
Any thoughts on this?
You can guest one person in as per the rules.

I doubt very much the "dragons" will let you pass.
Old Jun 20, 2013, 4:24 pm

Same question on my end - the only difference is im already GOLD SKYWARDS and will be traveling with my wife (Blue) and two kids (6 & 10) should I try my luck. Is there some sort of a buy-in for the kids? Or do I simply avoid any embarrassment with the hawks on the desk in DXB
Old Jun 20, 2013, 9:48 pm

Programs: Skywards Blue :-(, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, GHA Platinum
There is no harm in going to the desk and asking. My colleague who is gold ( his wife is silver) always gets into the DXB lounge with their 3 kids (10,7,3 yrs approximately )

Now Its possible that he may be guesting in one of the kids and his wife being silver has access anyway. But the other two kids are usually let in as well.
Old Jun 20, 2013, 11:28 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by DrAwab:20960683
Same question on my end - the only difference is im already GOLD SKYWARDS and will be traveling with my wife (Blue) and two kids (6 & 10) should I try my luck. Is there some sort of a buy-in for the kids? Or do I simply avoid any embarrassment with the hawks on the desk in DXB
I'm gold now too.

My husband seemed to think serially guesting one of them in is the answer but I'm not sure. Amyone had any luck.

My kids are 14 and 12 but look about 10 and 12.
Old Jun 21, 2013, 1:15 am

Programs: Skywards Blue :-(, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, GHA Platinum
I'm gold now too.

My husband seemed to think serially guesting one of them in is the answer but I'm not sure. Amyone had any luck.

My kids are 14 and 12 but look about 10 and 12.
AFAIK they keep track of the pax entering the lounge and their guests.
Old Jun 21, 2013, 2:20 am

Programs: EK Plat, HHonors Gold
They scribble something at the back of the BP to mark if you've already guested someone, I think. They allow kids into the FCL without any fuss and I've used that benefit last month as a Plat on our vacation but not sure about Gold - wouldn't think it would be drastically different but you never know...
Old Jun 21, 2013, 7:30 am
Original Poster

Plans have changed do doesn't matter now but will try it at some point...
Old Jun 21, 2013, 10:13 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
If you want your family to have lounge access then pay for it...if not take your chances...

If not stop moaning...

Old Jun 21, 2013, 11:12 am

Programs: Skywards Plat, Etihad Gold, Aerosvit Gold, Virgin Silver, AA lifetime Gold, Sirius Gold
I didn't see any moaning in this thread ...
Old Jun 21, 2013, 12:10 pm

Programs: EK Skywards Gold, Etihad Guest Gold, VS
Originally Posted by m3red
If you want your family to have lounge access then pay for it...if not take your chances...

If not stop moaning...

That was both unnecessary and unworthy. Something rattle your cage?
Old Jun 21, 2013, 12:52 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by m3red:20964720

If not stop moaning...

I'm not sure what I have said here that counts as moaning but please accept my appologies. Not all of us can afford what amounts to a month's salary or more n business class and we have got our status through spending a lot of time in the back of Emirates planes.
Old Jun 21, 2013, 1:17 pm

Programs: EK Plat, HHonors Gold
Not all of us can afford what amounts to a month's salary or more n business class and we have got our status through spending a lot of time in the back of Emirates planes.
Completely with you there, I've spent plenty of time at the back as well to earn my stripes. You haven't asked anything inappropriate and there is no need to apologize.
Old Jun 21, 2013, 3:20 pm

Programs: EK Skywards Gold, Etihad Guest Gold, VS
Don't worry about it HKM, you have absolutely nothing to apologise for.

Last edited by eightblack; Jun 22, 2013 at 5:24 am Reason: Sorry - personal attack...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.