Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

EK Booking, EK Flight Number, QF Metal, Lounge Access?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

EK Booking, EK Flight Number, QF Metal, Lounge Access?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 11, 2017, 4:00 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by lowjhg
If the CoS is J/F, then yes. The operating airline rules apply in this case. Open access to CX, QF, AA and BA lounges.
OneWorld lounge access benefits for class of service apply when the flight is both marketed by and operated by a OneWorld carrier

If darthlemsip simply means that it is a QF marketed and operated flight that happens to be on a ticket issued by EK, then Cathay PAcific lounge access would be available

Given that the thread relates to EK marketed and QF operated - if this is what is being referred to, there is no access to Cathay Pacific lounges
Old Jun 11, 2017, 6:31 pm

Originally Posted by Dave Noble
OneWorld lounge access benefits for class of service apply when the flight is both marketed by and operated by a OneWorld carrier

If darthlemsip simply means that it is a QF marketed and operated flight that happens to be on a ticket issued by EK, then Cathay PAcific lounge access would be available

Given that the thread relates to EK marketed and QF operated - if this is what is being referred to, there is no access to Cathay Pacific lounges
If the BP is printed on EK cardstock, then maybe no access, but if it's on QF cardstock on a QF service, then it is highly possible. As usual, YMMV.
Old Jun 11, 2017, 9:45 pm
Ambassador: Emirates
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: QF P1 + LTS, EK Gold, BAEC Gold, QR Gold, IHG Ambassador
OP, Just so you know the new QF lounge has been delayed until the (Northern Hemisphere) Autumn so no cigar there. If the stars align, I'd recommend CX.
Old Jun 12, 2017, 2:02 am

Originally Posted by lowjhg
If the BP is printed on EK cardstock, then maybe no access, but if it's on QF cardstock on a QF service, then it is highly possible. As usual, YMMV.
I would be surprised if the Cathay agent was unable to read the "operated by Emirates" on the boarding pass

Any access that can be obtained is not in line with the benefits of status and I suspect likely lead to the embarrassment of being refused entry
Old Jun 12, 2017, 2:28 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
I would be surprised if the Cathay agent was unable to read the "operated by Emirates" on the boarding pass

Any access that can be obtained is not in line with the benefits of status and I suspect likely lead to the embarrassment of being refused entry
But we're not talking about an EK-operated flight, ... So your point?
Old Jun 12, 2017, 3:43 am

Originally Posted by skywardhunter
But we're not talking about an EK-operated flight, ... So your point?
Either way round - EK operated/QF Marketed or EK marketed/QF Operated -- neither have entitlement to the Cathay Lounge

I doubt that a CX agent will be unable to read the boarding pass and see the EK flight number
Old Jun 12, 2017, 4:13 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Either way round - EK operated/QF Marketed or EK marketed/QF Operated -- neither have entitlement to the Cathay Lounge

I doubt that a CX agent will be unable to read the boarding pass and see the EK flight number
If it is a QF BP it'll show the QF number and "sold as EKxxxx" which could be missed, but yes it's a gamble.
Old Jun 12, 2017, 2:59 pm

Originally Posted by skywardhunter
If it is a QF BP it'll show the QF number and "sold as EKxxxx" which could be missed, but yes it's a gamble.
ime, the CX staff at LHR T3 get so many people asking about this, they know the flight numbers to deny pax from
Old Jun 13, 2017, 4:50 pm

Question

Ok, I'm straying from topic here....

But, was supposed to fly SYD - AKL in J on Emirates. Ticketed on EK and operatade by EK but since service is discontinued I'm moved to QF J instead.
Will I get EK lounge acess in SYD?
Would love to try their lounge
Old Jun 13, 2017, 6:22 pm

Originally Posted by LadyBell
Ok, I'm straying from topic here....

But, was supposed to fly SYD - AKL in J on Emirates. Ticketed on EK and operatade by EK but since service is discontinued I'm moved to QF J instead.
Will I get EK lounge acess in SYD?
Would love to try their lounge
Yes, you can use either at SYD.
Old Jun 18, 2017, 1:37 pm

Originally Posted by eternaltransit
Oh Really? That is great news!
What Do i need upon lounge entrance? Boarding pass enough?
Shall I check in with Emirates and have them
Printa a BP? I have not status with either QF or EK
Old Jun 19, 2017, 3:26 am

Originally Posted by LadyBell
Oh Really? That is great news!
What Do i need upon lounge entrance? Boarding pass enough?
Shall I check in with Emirates and have them
Printa a BP? I have not status with either QF or EK
Normal boarding pass is fine - no need to go to any special efforts!
Old Jun 19, 2017, 8:32 am

Originally Posted by eternaltransit
Subject to capacity controls at the EK lounge as dictated by the lounge attendants, of course.
Old Jun 20, 2017, 3:06 am

Smile

Originally Posted by Xenon2010
Apologies for resurrecting an old thread, but it looked most relevant to the question I am trying to answer. Have an upcoming codeshare flight LHR - DXB in J. EK booking, EK flight number, QF metal.

Which lounge (or lounges) can I access at LHR (the rules may have changed since 2013)?

Thanks
I flew QF marketed, QF number on QF metal at Christmas and I was recommended the EK Lounge by the check-in staff. I can't see why you can't get in there plus I found it a great lounge.
Old Jun 20, 2017, 5:16 am

Programs: EK Skywards Platinum
Originally Posted by Flymeanywhere
I flew QF marketed, QF number on QF metal at Christmas and I was recommended the EK Lounge by the check-in staff. I can't see why you can't get in there plus I found it a great lounge.
Thanks. To be clear, was that ex LHR?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.