Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

Can Anyone Recommend a Good "Day" Hotel in Dubai

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2013, 2:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, AC *S, Marriott Gold Elite, Hyatt Explorist

I will be flying IAD-DXB-MED and returning JED-DXB-IAD with about 18 hr layover each way arriving into DXB around 8/9am and leaving around 1/2am. I want to get a hotel each time, but don't want to wait till 2-3pm to check-in when I will be gone by about 10 or 11.

Do any hotels offer good "day" rates with early check-in/out? Should i just look for hotels with an early check-in?

Tickets are booked in T class (u/g to D) so no hotel from EK sadly.

Thanks!
Old Feb 12, 2013, 11:51 am

Programs: UA MM/1P, EK Au, QR, TK, Marriott Life Ti, Hilton Dia, IC Dia, Hyatt Glob, Accor Pt, Shangri-La
One obvious option is the airport hotel in the terminal. The rooms are comfortable and amenities solid. It's not cheap, usually around AED 800 for a 24-hour stay.

Spending 18 hours in the terminal may not be your idea of fun (especially twice in a short period), but I kind of enjoy wandering around the airport, relaxing, enjoying the various shopping and F&B outlets and lounges, etc.

You could also check-in to the hotel and drop your luggage off in your room, then go backwards through transit security (this seems to work best in T1) and exit the airport at whatever point you wish. You could even try the hotel in T1 on one stay and in T3 on the next stay (I think that they even have or are planning a third branch in the new concourse -- not sure if that's open yet).
Old Feb 12, 2013, 12:03 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the reply!

These layovers are intentional, I have a few things to do in DXB and my ticket didn't allow stopovers so I tried to maximize time each way! I definitely want a hotel, preferably near Sheikh Zayed Road (sorry for not mentioning that earlier). But I will take any hotel that will let me check in early!
Old Feb 12, 2013, 12:20 pm

Programs: QR Gold, EK, Accor, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold VIP, Delta
Radisson Royal on Sheik Zayed near the the world trade complex has always been very accommodating for me with early check in on overnighters. I actually got the key to my room about 0930. Nice hotel, and prices arent too bad. Contact them and see what they can do for you.

http://www.radissonblu.com/royalhotel-dubai/contact

I dont know how far down on Sheik Zayed you have things to do, but another possibility is at the Mall of the Emirates. two hotels, Kempinski, and The Pullman. Can enterance directly from the mall, and it is right at a metro station that you could catch to/from the airport as well.
Old Feb 12, 2013, 1:50 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold, Marriot Rewards Silver, SPG Gold, Hilton Honors, Etihad Guest Gold, SAA Voyager,
Le Meridien Dubai offer day-use rates.

http://deals.lemeridien.com/Le-Merid...SOP_US_MD_1893

Also, if you book a hotel through Emirates Stopovers (your local office in most instances), many of them work on a 24 hour basis (from time of check-in). I have previously done this with Novotel World Trade Center. (check in at 5am check out at 1am).
Old Feb 13, 2013, 5:15 am
Zol
Moderator: Emirates Skywards and Qatar Airways Privilege Club

Programs: EK Gold|EY Gold|Bonvoy Ambassador| IHG Plat|HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by Joe_EK
Le Meridien Dubai offer day-use rates.

http://deals.lemeridien.com/Le-Merid...SOP_US_MD_1893

Also, if you book a hotel through Emirates Stopovers (your local office in most instances), many of them work on a 24 hour basis (from time of check-in). I have previously done this with Novotel World Trade Center. (check in at 5am check out at 1am).
This is a good deal
Old Feb 13, 2013, 7:56 pm

Programs: Skywards Plat, Etihad Gold, Aerosvit Gold, Virgin Silver, AA lifetime Gold, Sirius Gold
Shangri La on SZR used to give me day rates some years ago. The Address hotels used to advertise that they were 24 hour driven (from the time of check in) so may also be worth checking out - no pun intended. Do let us know how you get on so we know for the future. Thanks.
Old Feb 14, 2013, 9:10 am

Programs: CX Gold, EK, OW Saphire
I had some friends in from Kabul on the way out and airport Le Meridian wanted crazy rates for a few hours - but understandable for the property... a lot of 'good' small hotels and most will let you check in early in the area; if you want chains try the ibis and novotel, not very busy these days. Also might want to look at Flora Park; on shk zayed and a little pricey Rose Rayhan Rotana, Emirates Grand are new(er); and a friend stayed a premier inn for a night next to T3 which she didn't complain about...
Old Feb 14, 2013, 7:48 pm

Programs: EK Silver, CX Gold, SQ Silver, EY Gold
Originally Posted by anxiousone
I had some friends in from Kabul on the way out and airport Le Meridian wanted crazy rates for a few hours - but understandable for the property... a lot of 'good' small hotels and most will let you check in early in the area; if you want chains try the ibis and novotel, not very busy these days. Also might want to look at Flora Park; on shk zayed and a little pricey Rose Rayhan Rotana, Emirates Grand are new(er); and a friend stayed a premier inn for a night next to T3 which she didn't complain about...
Another ^ for the Premier Inn but they do charge an early check-in fee which i believe was 150 Dirhams.
Old Apr 2, 2013, 7:21 am
Original Poster

I ended up staying at the Grand Millenium Al Barsha for USD 100$ day rate (9-6pm). Hotel was packed and got upgraded to a one bedroom suite, very nice. Steps from the metro and there was free wifi so I was happy.
Old Nov 16, 2014, 6:42 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
For anyone looking into this at the moment then all the Hilton hotels offer day rates; bookable online. I just booked Hilton The Walk for 600AED. Le Meridien wanted 900.
Old Nov 16, 2014, 8:50 am

Programs: Skywards Blue :-(, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, GHA Platinum
Originally Posted by Wozza2404
For anyone looking into this at the moment then all the Hilton hotels offer day rates; bookable online. I just booked Hilton The Walk for 600AED. Le Meridien wanted 900.
I'm not sure at DXB but you don't get any points for day use rates at the LGW Hilton.
Old Nov 16, 2014, 11:53 am

Programs: SkyTeam Plat, Bonvoy Plat
Le Méridien is an excellent hotel, just close to the airport.
Old Jan 27, 2015, 2:54 pm

Programs: UA 1K, BD Silver, Amtrak Select, SPG & PCR Plat/ICH Amb, AA, AS, DL, PR
Throwing in some recent data points for the thread! Emailed a few properties about day rates for a midweek trip in February and had the following quotes all-in:

Le Meridien was 680 AED
Radisson Royal at 590 AED (Bookadayroom.com quoted 460 AED)
Grand Millenium at 740 AED
Sheraton Deira at 376 AED
Old Jan 28, 2015, 10:21 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond
Jumeirah Creekside hotel, very near the airport, offers a 24-hour stay. You can check in at any time you'd like.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.