Search

Inflight service NCL-DXB-BKK

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2013, 12:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: CX gold
Inflight service NCL-DXB-BKK

Hello all,

After years of being a loyal OW fan I decided it was time to give Emirates a good old go! Very excited to fly Emirates to BKK later this year. We will fly in business class.^

A few questions here:

Does a transit in Dubai require a visa?

If the seat map in MMB shows row 6 to be separate to the first 5 rows (bulkhead) does that mean 777-300ER with lie flats?

Can people shine a light as to what service to expect on the NCL-DXB and DXB-BKK flights food wise?

Leaving NCL @1:35 pm and leaving DXB @3:00am.

After years of only reading up the BAEC forum, I am looking very much foreward to meeting some nice travelers on this forum as well

TT
Old Jan 11, 2013, 1:00 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

No visa required for transit. If you have a UK passport you don't need a visa for Dubai at all.
Old Jan 11, 2013, 1:53 am

Hi! I sat in row 6 recently - I chose this as its normally quite private but on both legs (out and return) there was no 'wall' there (if that makes sense?) so it was less private than normal. Next time I would probably sit nearer the front but it depends which aircraft is used as they all seem to be slightly different.
On the flight from NCL-DXB you will be served a 3-course meal. The only things I remember was a tuna starter I had which was delicious, main course - curry - very average and they ran out of cheese!!!! Lots of disgruntled BUS customers! The service was good though but that all depends on the crew on the day.
It's been a few years since I flew DXB-BKK so I can't recall what was served.
When you arrive in DXB you go straight through to transit so you don't require a visa - unless you ar stopping off in DXB? In which case you would require a visa but its just a case of getting a stamp in your passport.
Enjoy!
Old Jan 11, 2013, 3:30 am

Programs: Emirates Skywards Gold | South African Airways Voyager Gold
The food in J DXB-BKK is (to me) the best meal onboard an EK plane for some reason. BKK-DXB.. Not so much..
Old Jan 11, 2013, 7:27 am

It's a bit of pot luck as to the seating as this route sees a variety of aircraft. A three class frame seems to be used regularly, older two class and some of the brand new 2 class as well. Odds are good that you'll have lie flats but it's not guaranteed.

Originally Posted by Northumberland Lady
Hi! I sat in row 6 recently - I chose this as its normally quite private but on both legs (out and return) there was no 'wall' there (if that makes sense?) so it was less private than normal. Next time I would probably sit nearer the front but it depends which aircraft is used as they all seem to be slightly different.
What dates did you experience this? The recently delivered frames may be laid out differently. Was it just one large cabin for J?
Old Jan 14, 2013, 11:14 am
Original Poster

Programs: CX gold
Thank you for all your replies. As I have been checking the EK source it seems that for the last 10 days an 777-300 ER with lie flats has been coming in. I think we can conclude that the odds for a decent seat are looking up^ It seems Emirates does send planes with first seats as well on most days.

TT
Old Jan 14, 2013, 11:30 am

Programs: Emirates Skywards | Lufthansa Miles&Mores | Hilton HHonors
Here, under "speisen, ((the picture between Economy and Food) you can see some sample menus, including those off 373 and 384.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.