Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

Emirates New Routes and Changes 2013

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Emirates New Routes and Changes 2013

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19, 2013, 12:45 pm

Programs: Emirates Skywards | Lufthansa Miles&Mores | Hilton HHonors
Perth is being said to be operated by 3 daily 77W, with the up-gauging of 424/425 to permanent 77W from 77L and 422/423 going to daily.

Now we just need to wait for the 380 on 420/1!
Old Feb 19, 2013, 9:30 pm

Emirates has filed slot requests for a daily DXB MXP JFK service:

http://www.airlinehubbuzz.com/emirat...ilan-new-york/

This service, if it comes to fruition, would restore the third daily JFK service that earlier used to operate via Hamburg. It had earlier been rumored that this service would pass through Manchester instead.

I would expect the new EK205/206 DXB MXP JFK service to replace the existing EK093/094 DXB MXP terminator service, as the timings of both services are very similar. Ultimately, this service could well operate with A388, although for the moment it has been planned with B77W.
Old Feb 19, 2013, 10:17 pm

Programs: AA, BA, US
Boston had been rumored for a July 1 start, would I be correct in assuming that was bad info at this point?
Old Feb 19, 2013, 10:23 pm

I think that given we are coming up on March and now this third daily JFK service, Boston is off the table for this year. I even have my doubts about the Miami start now, although I still believe it will be on in November.
Old Feb 19, 2013, 10:56 pm

Originally Posted by MucEKPer
Perth is being said to be operated by 3 daily 77W, with the up-gauging of 424/425 to permanent 77W from 77L and 422/423 going to daily.

Now we just need to wait for the 380 on 420/1!
The upgauge from B77L to B77W will happen as the B77L will shift to the new DXB HND route from June 01.
Old Feb 20, 2013, 5:14 am

Originally Posted by HB-IWC
I think that given we are coming up on March and now this third daily JFK service, Boston is off the table for this year. I even have my doubts about the Miami start now, although I still believe it will be on in November.
Perhaps BOS is still in the plan, they only announced HND for a 01JUN13 start at the end of January, we still have 8 days left of February for them to announce BOS if it is indeed starting 01JUL13. If they announce BOS, they'll probably announce MIA at the same time. Maybe since the 787s are grounded that QR can't announce any new US routes with the airplanes, therefore EK doesn't have any need to start it in July.

On a side note, aren't we still waiting a ARN route starting mid-June as well?
Old Feb 20, 2013, 7:54 am

Originally Posted by Krzystos
Why not? I still can find F fares for e.g. August.

(anyway, F on A332 is poor, very poor, the same for J)
Strange. No F for buying/upgrading in March and May. Not check August. And, yes, A332 is very very poor. Few days ago i had 6K in three class version and its very old and poor.
Old Feb 20, 2013, 9:00 am

Originally Posted by dominikm
Strange. No F for buying/upgrading in March and May. Not check August. And, yes, A332 is very very poor. Few days ago i had 6K in three class version and its very old and poor.
On emirates.com you can still buy F seats in March. Just checking the loads DXB to WAW and WAW to DXB, Y class is often oversold in March, strong Y class loads all the way through June even. However, J class and F class loads aren't doing as well.
Old Feb 20, 2013, 11:16 am

Programs: Emirates Skywards | Lufthansa Miles&Mores | Hilton HHonors
Originally Posted by CaptainEKAirbus
On emirates.com you can still buy F seats in March. Just checking the loads DXB to WAW and WAW to DXB, Y class is often oversold in March, strong Y class loads all the way through June even. However, J class and F class loads aren't doing as well.
So it seems Warsaw is another Dublin launch for EK, very high load factors in Y, thus the early temporary up gauge to 77W during Easter, but low yields due to the lack of premium demand.

When I was in Warsaw a fortnight ago, I walked past the EK check-in and there seemed to be only 1 counter for first and business but a long line of Y pax.
Old Feb 20, 2013, 11:52 am

So it seems Warsaw is another Dublin launch for EK, very high load factors in Y, thus the early temporary up gauge to 77W during Easter, but low yields due to the lack of premium demand.

When I was in Warsaw a fortnight ago, I walked past the EK check-in and there seemed to be only 1 counter for first and business but a long line of Y pax.
DUB is getting better finally, I see its averaging around 50% J loads and about 40% F class loads which isn't bad; especially considering its only February. During peak times when I've watched this flight the J class loads were much higher than this.
Old Feb 20, 2013, 12:13 pm

Now they are flying with three class A332 as two class beacause no pax in F and overbooking in Y. I had flight last week in Y but put me to 6K which is J seat as a im gold. Of course food was from Y
Old Feb 20, 2013, 12:18 pm

There was huge sale for 5 days. You could buy for example WAW-DXB-NRT for 330 EUR.
Old Feb 20, 2013, 7:20 pm

Programs: Skywards Plat, Etihad Gold, Aerosvit Gold, Virgin Silver, AA lifetime Gold, Sirius Gold
Not surprising given the fares - at least on a DXB-WAW-DXB routing. I have been looking to do a trip in August and J and F fares for this relative short long haul route are much more expensive that J and F on 777's and 380's to Western Europe destinations. $5,300 in J and $7,100 in F for goodness sake - on a 330 for a sub 6 hour ride ...!
Old Feb 21, 2013, 2:13 am

Programs: Emirates Skywards, IHG Rewards Club
Originally Posted by mrtdxb
$5,300 in J and $7,100 in F for goodness sake - on a 330 for a sub 6 hour ride ...!
it's expensive...and WAW-DXB-WAW is 2650 USD in J, half of the price.
EK PRG-DXB-GIG-EZE and back in J is 4300USD..
but it's always like this. similar ticket but from DXB only (DXB-EZE) is ca.70% more expensive then ticket from PRG.

also one can buy J WAW-SYD via HEL and SIN/BKK for 3660USD (Finnair)
Old Feb 21, 2013, 11:25 am

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, AC *S, Marriott Gold Elite, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by mrtdxb
Not surprising given the fares - at least on a DXB-WAW-DXB routing. I have been looking to do a trip in August and J and F fares for this relative short long haul route are much more expensive that J and F on 777's and 380's to Western Europe destinations. $5,300 in J and $7,100 in F for goodness sake - on a 330 for a sub 6 hour ride ...!
If you wait a bit, my guess is EK will release some more reasonable fares. Right now there is a sub $3k fare in J but it is only valid till end March

[KVS Availability Tool 7.1.2/Diamond - Galileo: Fares/PSH/RU]
Code:
DXB  Dubai Intl AE [OMDB]
WAW  Warsaw Okecie PL [EPWA]
R/T  20 Mar 2013 | Business

Carrier    From    To    Fare      Cur   AdvanceP  Min  Max  Fare Basis | Travel Period
---------  ------  ----  --------  ----  --------  ---  ---  --------------------------
EK         DXB     WAW      2363   USD     3 Days       360  IE03PAE1     06 Feb-31 Mar
EK         DXB     WAW      4847   USD     3 Days       360  IEE03AE1     06 Feb-31 Mar
EK         DXB     WAW      5251   USD        ***       360  CRTAE1       06 Feb-31 Mar
EK         DXB     WAW      5924   USD        ***       360  JRTAE1       06 Feb-31 Mar

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.