Wiki Posts
Search

Luxury for less...Hmmmmmm

Search this Thread

Old Dec 21, 2012, 5:14 am
Original Poster

Programs: EK Skywards Gold, Etihad Guest Gold, VS
Luxury for less...Hmmmmmm

I just received details of this business class sale, all routes, 15% off, book by 24th December, seats limited etc etc.

So as one does, I had to do a dummy booking for my January trip to OZ, same flights, same dates...to find out how much I could have saved...if only I had waited!!

Yeah right. The sale gives me tickets costing £1500 more than the price I paid two weeks ago.

I love these "when is a sale not a sale" moments.
Old Dec 21, 2012, 6:13 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
"Special Fares" have disappeared from UK website, today was scheduled to be the end of the world On the route which I keep tabs on (GLA-AKL) a First saver fare was available at £4345 if booked before 20th Dec now back up at £6824. The lower fare seemed to exclude A380 flights. I booked through a travel agent before the Special Fares appeared and got a First Class fare flying B777 from GLA and A380 from DXB plus 3 nights in a 5* hotel for slightly less than EK's special fare. I am still one happy bunny!
Old Dec 21, 2012, 6:37 am

I couldn't help but laugh when I saw the prices in the derisory "sale" email.

I'm guessing this is EK resetting peoples price expectations for the next year.
Old Dec 21, 2012, 12:26 pm

Programs: skywards Gold, Krisflyer
Only on Emirates!

I got the e-mail this morning and had a peek at return fares from BHX - KUL. I also checked on return fares form BHX-SIN. I had to laugh. A so called 15% sale but with an actual 35% increase in Business class fares on those offered only last week.
Excellent.
Old Dec 21, 2012, 2:56 pm

I received this email too and was so surprised by the "offer".

I was looking about 4/5 days ago at a flight BHX - ISB in March and it came up around £4500 for 2 adults and 1 child.

Today, the same deal is £6000!!!! That includes 15% discount!!
Old Dec 21, 2012, 8:19 pm

Programs: Skywards Blue :-(, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, GHA Platinum
I'm flying out of the uk on mid Jan. Booked my J ticket 2 days ago. Its now £400 more.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.