Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Upgrade Code - where to put it?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 2, 2012, 2:11 pm
Original Poster

Upgrade Code - where to put it?

I often check a few days before travelling for discounted upgrade availability using the code as emailed out, even if I haven't been emailed (it's a generic code).

I used to access this by going to the Manage a Booking log-in page via the Plan and Book menu, which gave you a box to enter the upgrade code. Going to Manage a Booking directly from the front page of the website took you to a page without this box.

This route is no longer available as the page no longer has the option to enter a code. Can anyone tell me an alternative way to access this and try out the code?
Old Dec 2, 2012, 6:14 pm

Programs: BA GGL, EK Plat, Hilton Diamond, AMEX Plat
I was wondering the same thing... I search EK.com and found nothing. I wonder if they are trying to force people into millage or a full-price upgrade.
Old Dec 3, 2012, 12:23 am

Programs: Skywards Platinum
Originally Posted by ft101
I often check a few days before travelling for discounted upgrade availability using the code as emailed out, even if I haven't been emailed (it's a generic code).

I used to access this by going to the Manage a Booking log-in page via the Plan and Book menu, which gave you a box to enter the upgrade code. Going to Manage a Booking directly from the front page of the website took you to a page without this box.

This route is no longer available as the page no longer has the option to enter a code. Can anyone tell me an alternative way to access this and try out the code?
When the box did exist, were you ever able to get this to work?

I tried on several occasions putting in the code, most of the time it failed, but a few times it did get through only to tell me that I wasn't targeted for the code. I haven't yet heard of any, who hasn't been sent the targeted email, being able to upgrade using the code.
Old Dec 3, 2012, 2:42 am
Original Poster

No, I never got it to work and I read your comment to the same effect on a previous thread.

However, also on the same previous thread, member B747-437B claims a 10 - 15% success rate.

I'm assuming that the emails are still being sent so there is hopefully still somewhere to try out a personalised one.
Old Dec 4, 2012, 12:27 am

Programs: British Airways Executive Club
As far as I'm aware - EK have closed this loophole in the system. Even if you click on previous upgrade emails (which take you to a screen with the offer code box), you can't delete the offer code and enter a new one.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.