Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

What are the little things you like about emirates?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1, 2012, 8:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: Skywards Gold

Well I like verve in j or the cheese, I like the bar on the 380 and the service on the 777. When in y I like being surprised by great friendly service and op ups, the best thing for me in the j tea!

I like a positive thread too infrequently on here for me...
Old Dec 1, 2012, 9:16 am

Programs: Lots
Hennessy Paradis in F. Enclosed suites. Crews that you can have a fun conversation with. Showers at 38,000 feet. The route network. IFE sound and picture quality.

Yes, mostly things you get in F, but when I have a choice, these (sometimes not so) little things make me choose EK over the competition!
Old Dec 1, 2012, 10:52 am

Programs: EK Skywards silver Miles and Smiles Hilton Honours Hyatt Priority Club Kestrel A
Bar on the A380.
The nice crew in Y who did me a cheese platter and the other crew in Y who did me a cheese sandwich the other day when there was nothing I could eat!
Old Dec 1, 2012, 12:38 pm
Suspended

Programs: EK Plat, UA GS, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Amex Centurion
The welcome back Mr. XXXXX. The suites in F. The food. Drinks. Showers. The service. Theres too many! But my favorite aspect of EK are the nice crews that as someone said above, like to have conversations with you.

-ek202
Old Dec 1, 2012, 8:44 pm

Originally Posted by Axey
Hennessy Paradis in F. Enclosed suites. Crews that you can have a fun conversation with. Showers at 38,000 feet. The route network. IFE sound and picture quality.

Yes, mostly things you get in F, but when I have a choice, these (sometimes not so) little things make me choose EK over the competition!
I completely agree to all of those. On my recent long haul EK flight, the crews were awesome and fun to talk to.
Old Dec 1, 2012, 11:00 pm

Programs: Skywards, Flying Blue Gold, BA Executive Club, Miles and More, SPG Gold
I like the Polaroid camera they carry. Both my babies have the emirates hat/scarf on in a photo. Decent kids meals.

Route network and efficient connections.

IFE

Chauffeur service in J - just awesome.

Better meal service in J than in the past- feels a lot less like a Tv dinner
Old Dec 2, 2012, 5:16 am

Programs: AY Platinum, EK Gold
Originally Posted by m3red
Well I like verve in j or the cheese, I like the bar on the 380 and the service on the 777. When in y I like being surprised by great friendly service and op ups, the best thing for me in the j tea!

I like a positive thread too infrequently on here for me...
Difficult to be precise about it, but even when flying economy I get a feeling that EK appreciates me choosing them and the staff makes a genuine effort to make my trip a pleasant one. Some other airlines really rub it in your face that you are only flying economy.

In first class, I very much like the Arabic coffee with dates. It's a very small thing but somehow it makes the trip feel special.

And then there's the lounges and the lounge personnel.

OK, the first and last are not small things at all, but at least I got one out of three right within the title
Old Dec 2, 2012, 5:20 am

Programs: BA Gold | SK Gold | A3 Gold
The fact that IFE is available from before take off to after landing. Admittedly, of late, I haven't been using IFE (on other airlines), but when I am on EK I do use it.

I guess the little things to be appreciated are mainly in Y - in J I like that they have mattress pads.

In F it's the small things about the service that make the flight special.
Old Dec 3, 2012, 10:51 pm
Xlr

Programs: Amex Platinum, Chase Sapphire Reserve
Actual cutlery in Y.

And (I think someone mentioned this) the tea in J.
Old Dec 4, 2012, 6:28 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Xlr
Actual cutlery in Y.

And (I think someone mentioned this) the tea in J.
Not anymore! I few dxb to muscat last month in y and its plastic!!!
Old Dec 4, 2012, 6:43 am

Programs: BA Blue
- The fact they always have ice cream and eclairs available for breakfast in the lounge

- The fact AVOD is on from when you sit down

- The 'Welcome to Dubai' promo video - they are really well done and certainly inspirational and made me want to visit Dubai! I loved the previous version with the song 'on a day like today'
Old Dec 4, 2012, 8:16 am

Programs: EK Plat, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by WouldLoveToFlyFirst
- The fact they always have ice cream available for breakfast in the lounge
Are you talking about the DXB J lounge or the F lounge? I for one have never encountered it in either...
Old Dec 4, 2012, 8:47 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by WouldLoveToFlyFirst
- The fact they always have ice cream and eclairs available for breakfast in the lounge

- The fact AVOD is on from when you sit down

- The 'Welcome to Dubai' promo video - they are really well done and certainly inspirational and made me want to visit Dubai! I loved the previous version with the song 'on a day like today'
Dubai is a great place to live but a bad one to visit unless you earn dirhams. Glad I live here!
Old Dec 4, 2012, 9:03 am

Programs: QR Gold, EK, Accor, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold VIP, Delta
Originally Posted by m3red
Dubai is a great place to live but a bad one to visit unless you earn dirhams. Glad I live here!
good place to visit for a quick weekend for someone like me living in Kuwait. I make the run for the three BBB's. Beer Bacon and Bourbon, all not available here in Kuwait.
Old Dec 4, 2012, 9:07 am

Programs: UA- Pl (2MM), AA-Go, Delta-Silver, Hyatt-Globalist!, MR/SPG comb - Plat, Hilton - nada
I don't get to fly EK nearly as much as I would like - but for me it's definitely the FAs...maybe SQ the only ones to rival (in appearance) and I can remember the jeans & t-shirt clad FAs on Lauda Air back in the 90s. And of course Cebu Pacific, with their fun & games at 38k feet!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.