Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Dubai Connect / STPC

Search this Thread

Old Dec 19, 2017, 10:30 pm

Programs: points traveller
Originally Posted by viraj737
Got Le Meridian last time in F - about 6 months back. But usually get put at Roda Al Bustan
which would you say is better?
Old Dec 19, 2017, 10:31 pm

Roda Al Bustan? That's pretty disappointing. I've got a layover in F and I was hoping for something better since Dubai has so many amazing hotels.
Old Dec 20, 2017, 3:56 pm

Programs: AA ExPl, DL PM, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, probably some others
Just booked a flight in F that has a six-hour layover overnight on the way to Dubai and then a 28-hour or so stop on the return. The site offered me Dubai Connect for the outbound but not the return. Is there a way to request it for the return? Should I be eligible?
Old Dec 20, 2017, 4:34 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by steveholt
Just booked a flight in F that has a six-hour layover overnight on the way to Dubai and then a 28-hour or so stop on the return. The site offered me Dubai Connect for the outbound but not the return. Is there a way to request it for the return? Should I be eligible?
Is it exactly six hours or 5h50m? If it is >=6hrs you are eligible in F, if there was no earlier connecting flight OR later departing first flight that would result in a shorter connection.
Old Dec 21, 2017, 4:05 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

What's the route? For a 28 hour connection, this would mean that one of the flights is not daily, otherwise it would be a 4 hour connection. If you've chosen to make it 28 hours, then no Dubai Connect would be offered.
Old Dec 21, 2017, 7:46 am

Programs: AA ExPl, DL PM, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, probably some others
Originally Posted by DYKWIA
What's the route? For a 28 hour connection, this would mean that one of the flights is not daily, otherwise it would be a 4 hour connection. If you've chosen to make it 28 hours, then no Dubai Connect would be offered.
Ah, yep. It's the MXP-DXB-YYZ route and I chose a longer connection, so that explains no Dubai Connect. Thanks!
Old Dec 21, 2017, 8:45 am

Ah, yep. It's the MXP-DXB-YYZ route and I chose a longer connection, so that explains no Dubai Connect. Thanks!
Ah the super cheap F fare?
Old Feb 9, 2018, 12:34 am

Programs: AS MVP, EK Silver, Bonvoy Plat
Resurrecting an old thread, but last time I flew DXB-HYD-SFO with a 9hr layover in DXB I got the Dubai Connect option in Manage Your Booking. However, there is a 2hr 10min layover option that I did not take because I hate short layovers. I reserved the room and got vouchers but already held a reservation at the airside hotel which I couldn't cancel... would the vouchers have worked? I've read some horror stories from this thread from back in '12 where people were turned away at the hotel.

Reason I ask is I am flying SFO-DXB-HYD with a 19hr layover (shortest layover 3h) and I was able to again book Dubai Connect. This time I'd like to use it

Experiences?
BadoRas likes this.
Old Feb 9, 2018, 1:25 am

Originally Posted by Metanoia
Resurrecting an old thread, but last time I flew DXB-HYD-SFO with a 9hr layover in DXB I got the Dubai Connect option in Manage Your Booking. However, there is a 2hr 10min layover option that I did not take because I hate short layovers. I reserved the room and got vouchers but already held a reservation at the airside hotel which I couldn't cancel... would the vouchers have worked? I've read some horror stories from this thread from back in '12 where people were turned away at the hotel.

Reason I ask is I am flying SFO-DXB-HYD with a 19hr layover (shortest layover 3h) and I was able to again book Dubai Connect. This time I'd like to use it

Experiences?
The same thing happened to me a couple of years back whilst heading to SGN. I made a change to one of the flights at some point, at which point Dubai Connect appeared, despite there being a shorter connection of around 2 hours. We also had a non-cancelable booking at the airport hotel, but we just took the vouchers and stayed at the Le Meridien instead. And got a very nice meal at Sukhothai for free (which I regretted about 30 minutes into the flight to SGN!).

So, yes, I pretty sure the vouchers would work.
Metanoia and Bouncingsouls like this.
Old Feb 20, 2018, 10:13 pm

I've got a few paid F flights where I have a 12 hour layover in Dubai and I'm eligible for Dubai Connect. I'm also an SPG Plat. Anyone know if they give the F passengers suites or regular rooms at Le Meridien? If you're an SPG Plat, can you ask the front desk to give you a better room? Dubai is usually really great with upgrades for SPG Plats.

Also, I have another flight where four of us are flying together and have an 11 hour layover in Dubai. Technically, I guess we would be eligible for 4 hotel rooms, but we want to stay together. Does anyone have experience with negotiating with EK to get a better room / suite / hotel if you agree to take 1 room instead of 4?
Old Feb 20, 2018, 11:02 pm

Originally Posted by spideysense
I've got a few paid F flights where I have a 12 hour layover in Dubai and I'm eligible for Dubai Connect. I'm also an SPG Plat. Anyone know if they give the F passengers suites or regular rooms at Le Meridien? If you're an SPG Plat, can you ask the front desk to give you a better room? Dubai is usually really great with upgrades for SPG Plats.

Also, I have another flight where four of us are flying together and have an 11 hour layover in Dubai. Technically, I guess we would be eligible for 4 hotel rooms, but we want to stay together. Does anyone have experience with negotiating with EK to get a better room / suite / hotel if you agree to take 1 room instead of 4?
I've read reports of status recognition, at least partially, but keep in mind usually EK pax are in a separate wing of the hotel. I'm SPG gold but unfortunately was put up in the Al Bustan Rotana not the Le Meridien the only time I used STPC so didn't find out.

As for the sharing, it'll be the hotels discretion, EK will just issue each of you a generic hotel voucher, usually at your origin on boarding pass stock
Old Feb 21, 2018, 12:19 am

Originally Posted by spideysense

They didn't when I "suggested" it a couple fo years back. They entered my SPG details, but I got the standard room that EK passengers get - which was actually quite good.
Old Feb 23, 2018, 6:08 pm

Programs: EK Skywards, JL Mileage Bank
Is Dubai Connect in economy worth doing?

I've used the Dubai Connect service several times when flying in business class and it's been very good. For the first time ever I've been offered it on an economy ticket with a transfer time of just over eight hours. I've read some fairly horrific reviews on Trip Adviser, and I'm wondering whether I'd be better off just staying in a business lounge (plenty of time to get a shower and find somewhere to lie down) or taking up the free hotel... Glad for and advice or comments from those who have experienced the economy class Dubai Connect offering...
Old Feb 24, 2018, 12:02 am
Ambassador: Emirates
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: QF P1 + LTS, EK Gold, BAEC Gold, QR Gold, IHG Ambassador
Have done it many times in Y. I actually appreciate the peace and quiet of the room and on an 8h transit I expect to get 5 solid hours sleep, which is better than anything i’d get in the lounge.

My tips: get out of T3 as quickly as possible. Hide your hotel voucher and flag a taxi (they won’t drive you if they see you have the voucher). If you’re in the Copthorne (most likely), take the cab to the millennium hotel, go trough the lobby to the pool and head for the red emirates sign in the courtyard. That’s the back door. Taking a taxi will get you there long before other T Dubai connect pax from your flight. The food at the Copthorne is grim, eat in the lounge.

Id only recommend you do connect at certain times of the day. Also just FYI, this thread should probably be moved to the Dubai Connect/STPC thread.
edy4eva likes this.
Old Mar 12, 2018, 4:48 am

I was flying EK F, and when checking in at YYZ, they gave me a voucher for Al Bustan Rotana. Hell no, I thought.

When I landed at DXB, I headed straight for the Emirates Connect counter before the immigration area, and told them I wanted to switch hotels to Le Meridien since you folks here say it is better. EK accommodated my request and gave me a new voucher.

The Le Meridien has its own check-in and lobby entrance for EK passengers. I told the lady that I'm an SPG plat and if I could have an upgrade, but she told me that since it's a 3rd party booking, SPG benefits won't apply. She did say she would give me a renovated room, which was good enough. She also handed me some vouchers that covered dinner and breakfast at the property. I could eat at any restaurant for dinner, and I chose the steakhouse, where the voucher covered a 3-course meal (salad, porterhouse, and cheescake were my choices). The food wasn't great, but it was appreciated nonetheless. For breakfast, I only had the option of the buffet in the lobby restaurant, which was quite good.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.