Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Emirates High street

Search this Thread

Old Oct 21, 2012, 11:57 am
Original Poster

Emirates High street

Just a Gripe!!! We have 30,000 Miles to spend and we were looking at watches for around 28,000 Miles. Seen one and priced it up on the web at £40. what gets me is the fact that you still end up with a Bill for £15 in Tax!!!
Cant believe that when using miles, you still have to pay the tax.

Malc
Old Oct 21, 2012, 12:07 pm

Originally Posted by malct
Just a Gripe!!! We have 30,000 Miles to spend and we were looking at watches for around 28,000 Miles. Seen one and priced it up on the web at £40. what gets me is the fact that you still end up with a Bill for £15 in Tax!!!
Cant believe that when using miles, you still have to pay the tax.

Malc
This would be an incredible waste of miles even if it was tax free.
Old Oct 21, 2012, 12:28 pm

Originally Posted by HumbleBee
This would be an incredible waste of miles even if it was tax free.
Isn't it just! They'd be better off taking their chances on the raffle for tickets
Old Oct 22, 2012, 4:52 am

Programs: skywards gold
Could anyone here enlighten me as to why anyone spends their miles on Emirates High Street? The prices and mileage needed are ridiculously high IMHO, and they also charge a lot for delivery. I could understand if people have under the 10000 miles needed for the lowest upgrade, but when i checked there was nothing much priced at that level anyway. If I recall, the tax plus delivery charge came to more than the product would cost in a shop anyway!
Do Emirates make a big profit from the High Street? If so, who are their target customers?
Old Oct 23, 2012, 7:18 am
Original Poster

I always used to save up my miles for a free flight, when you think about it, the price of 4 watch's could get you from UK to Thailand Return Plus Tax LOL
Old Feb 25, 2013, 12:03 pm

Dont buy anythings from this shop.
I redeemed my miles but I also should pay the TAX and CUSTOM. It was more expensive than the item value....
once again avoid this shop...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.