Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Dubai Hotel for F/J

Search this Thread

Old Oct 13, 2012, 9:06 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: EK Plat, UA GS, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Amex Centurion
Dubai Hotel for F/J

I'm flying NBO-DXB-DFW soon, and I had a question about getting the free hotel in DXB, as I have a 22 hour layover. I'm in F. I booked this on purpose, as I need to be in Dubai for the day. Here is what I'm booked on- arriving into DXB at 5:30am, departing at 2:30am to DFW the next day. I could've taken an earlier flight into DXB to make the connection to the DFW flight the day before, but this was an option and I took it bc as I said I need to be in DXB. Since it wasn't the only flight to Dubai, will i get the accommodations? I would like to know because if I don't ill just book my own hotel.
Also, do they still use the Le Meridean? Sorry, I haven't used the free hotel thing in a while.

Thanks for the help!
-ek202
Old Oct 13, 2012, 10:12 pm

Programs: QR Gold/CX Silver/EK Silver/EY Gold/Spire Royal Ambassador/Hilton Diamond
Hi
The hotel is provided only if your connecting flight is after 8 hrs or later which on your case is but as you mentioned there is an earlier flight to Dallas so they will not provide you with free accommodation. The other option you have is to call up the local emirates office in Nairobi and ask them if the have the free stay promotion. If they do, then you have to book it through your local emirates office before you travel and for first they will book you at the Armani hotel. Hope that helps.
Old Oct 13, 2012, 11:58 pm

Programs: EK Plat, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by gametitans
...as you mentioned there is an earlier flight to Dallas so they will not provide you with free accommodation.
I don't think that is what the OP mentioned - I think he was trying to say that he had the option to take an earlier flight into DXB to make the connection.

My guess would be that the OP is eligible for the hotel.

EK202, here is a link that you may find useful.http://www.emirates.com/nz/English/p...stopovers.aspx
Old Oct 14, 2012, 12:30 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

As long as there is no earlier connection to your destination after your arrival into Dubai, then yes you will be eligable for the hotel stay

That you could have departed the origin such that a connection could be made does not impact this
Old Oct 14, 2012, 12:43 am

Def not eligible as there are 2 flights a day NBO-DXB, and taking the latter one would mean a short layover.
Old Oct 14, 2012, 12:51 am
Zol
Moderator: Emirates Skywards and Qatar Airways Privilege Club

Programs: EK Gold|EY Gold|Bonvoy Ambassador| IHG Plat|HHonors Diamond
There's an earlier flight with a 4 hour connection so no free hotel.
Old Oct 14, 2012, 12:52 am

Originally Posted by edy4eva
Def not eligible as there are 2 flights a day NBO-DXB, and taking the latter one would mean a short layover.
That does not impact on the eligability.

The requirement is that there is no earlier onward connection from DXB within 6 hours

It does not matter that it would be possible to take another flight to DXB that could meet the 6 hour connection

e.g. as I did in June

Booked on daytime flight from Sydney to Dubai that arrived into Dubai at 1pm ish. Onward flight to Larnaca at 08:40 the following morning meant that I was eligable for the hotel. That there are other nighttime flights from Sydney that could connect to the 08:40 flight to Larnaca was irrelevent

As long as there isn't an onward flight , within 6 hours all is good
Old Oct 14, 2012, 1:08 am

Programs: EK Plat, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by Dave Noble
Yes correct, that was my understanding too.
Old Oct 14, 2012, 1:23 am
Zol

That does not impact on the eligability.

The requirement is that there is no earlier onward connection from DXB within 6 hours

It does not matter that it would be possible to take another flight to DXB that could meet the 6 hour connection

e.g. as I did in June

Booked on daytime flight from Sydney to Dubai that arrived into Dubai at 1pm ish. Onward flight to Larnaca at 08:40 the following morning meant that I was eligable for the hotel. That there are other nighttime flights from Sydney that could connect to the 08:40 flight to Larnaca was irrelevent

In that case, surely you could manipulate your incoming to the earliest possible time and just get the free hotel on the basis that the first onward would still be over the 6 or 8 hours mark
Old Oct 14, 2012, 2:23 am

Originally Posted by Zol
In that case, surely you could manipulate your incoming to the earliest possible time and just get the free hotel on the basis that the first onward would still be over the 6 or 8 hours mark
Correct.. and so what?

Those that want a break can get one and it costs EK a few $
Old Oct 14, 2012, 2:31 am
Zol

Correct.. and so what?

Those that want a break can get one and it costs EK a few $
Nothing wrong with it in my opinion. I just find the rule a bit contradictory to a passenger not being entitled just because they chose the cheaper flight combination option and as a result end up with a 12 hour layover and no hotel.
Old Oct 14, 2012, 2:47 am

Originally Posted by Zol
Nothing wrong with it in my opinion. I just find the rule a bit contradictory to a passenger not being entitled just because they chose the cheaper flight combination option and as a result end up with a 12 hour layover and no hotel.
There is , imo, quite a difference between a mandatory delay due to arrival time vs departure time and a voluntary stop for personal reasons

The benefit is to provide accommodations where it is not possible to depart within 6/8 hours. Fortunately EK doesn't look at every possible flight combination to find additional reasons to deny the benefit

Dave
Old Oct 14, 2012, 7:39 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: EK Plat, UA GS, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Amex Centurion
Thanks for the help everyone! I'll call EK and try to book it.

Thanks,
-ek202
Old Oct 16, 2012, 9:10 am

Absolutely it does. Only those markets where no shorter connection is possible for a departure on the same calendar day are eligible for STPC. I know this from literally hundreds of personal experiences - both for myself and for relatives/colleagues.

That does not mean that you won't get STPC under these circumstances. If they have extra rooms available in the Emirates block at one of the hotels, they don't mind handing them out to technically ineligible passengers. But the official eligibility rules are as above.
Old Oct 16, 2012, 12:04 pm

Programs: SQ PPS SOLITAIRE, AA ,HHONOR GOLD, BONVOY GOLD, IHG PLAT
Originally Posted by B747-437B
Absolutely it does. Only those markets where no shorter connection is possible for a departure on the same calendar day are eligible for STPC. I know this from literally hundreds of personal experiences - both for myself and for relatives/colleagues.

That does not mean that you won't get STPC under these circumstances. If they have extra rooms available in the Emirates block at one of the hotels, they don't mind handing them out to technically ineligible passengers. But the official eligibility rules are as above.
I will disagree with you here. Those pax are not technically ineligible. I have done this several times myself. The main criteria is that you take the next available flight out of DXB. If that is at least 6 hours later (or 8 in Y), you are entitled to an STPC.

Dave Noble is correct, based on my experience and discussions with EK Res Agents.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.