Wiki Posts
Search

Amenity Kits

Search this Thread

Old Oct 11, 2012, 9:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: EK Skywards Gold, Etihad Guest Gold, VS
Amenity Kits

On my recent LHR to BNE and back in J, amenity kits were handed out on three of the four flights.

At then end of each of those flights, the debris of left opened amenity kits was obvious. With the shaving kit, face cloths and toothbrush etc available by request and in the lavatories it was clear that a significant number of passengers had little use for either part or all of them.

Maybe they should be on demand rather than just handed out.
Old Oct 11, 2012, 9:15 am
Suspended

Programs: EK Plat, UA GS, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Amex Centurion
Those who don't fly frequently probably won't know about the amenity kit, therefore won't ask for one. Sure, it would save EK and many other airlines money, but I think they should still hand them out without request as some people, including me use the amenities provided in the kit, and keep it in a collection. I have way too many kits now.

-ek202
Old Oct 11, 2012, 11:35 am

Originally Posted by Emirates202
Those who don't fly frequently probably won't know about the amenity kit, therefore won't ask for one.
And what exactly would they miss?

Originally Posted by Emirates202
as some people, including me use the amenities provided in the kit, and keep it in a collection. I have way too many kits now.

-ek202
QED, they are a nice, but unneccessary, expenditure on the part of EK.
Old Oct 11, 2012, 12:55 pm
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

I used to collect the amenity kits, I had a cupboard full of them just in case I ever needed them. I eventually the them all out.

I don't even bother with them these days, unless it's a long overnight flight.
Old Oct 11, 2012, 1:55 pm
Suspended

Programs: EK Plat, UA GS, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Amex Centurion
They don't have much, but I appreciate the shaving cream and toothpaste, as I use them for travel. I haven't had to buy shaving cream in I don't know how long.
Old Oct 12, 2012, 7:55 am

Often when travelling Y and we exit after J have left and pass through J cabin you see a lot of amenity kits which have been left. Comment on the ethics of grabbing one as you pass through? (yes, I've got a nice collection from Y days but travel J now)! I find the shavers etc from the loos acceptable but definitely disposable, things in amenity pack are better and saved for latter travel, hotel stays etc. Ditto the stuff issued in the lounges - decidedly disposable.
Old Oct 12, 2012, 8:48 am

Programs: Emirates Skywards, Mileage Plus, OneWorld, Qatar Airways Privilage Club
I've had the urge to grab an F or J amenity kit on the way out from Y...just never got the nerve to, but I think that asking a flight attendant if I can take one would probably be the right thing to do.
Old Oct 12, 2012, 8:53 am

Programs: skywards Gold, Krisflyer
I haven't seen a Business class amenity kit for over two years on Emirates and I travel approx twenty legs a year typical being BHX-DXB-SIn.
Old Oct 12, 2012, 2:47 pm

Programs: Skywards Blue :-(, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, GHA Platinum
Originally Posted by philduck
I haven't seen a Business class amenity kit for over two years on Emirates and I travel approx twenty legs a year typical being BHX-DXB-SIn.
only given on overnight long haul flights. You are probably flying on ek40 from BHX every time. You will get it if you fly EK38

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.