Search

NCL-DXB which aircraft???

Search this Thread

Old Oct 11, 2012, 1:53 am
Original Poster

Question NCL-DXB which aircraft???

Hi!
I'm booked to fly NCL-DXB in December.
This route received a metal upgrade on 1st Sept to 777-300ER 2class.
I'm trying to book an upgrade with points but when I click on services by flight it shows a 777-300ER 3class!

My questions are-

1- does this mean that there will be less business upgrade availability?

2- will they still be lie-flat seats, or are they likely to replace with an older aircraft?

I note that there is no availability for 1st class to purchase on this flight so this suggests that this could change back to a 2class?
FYI seat guru also shows this flight as a 3class.

Any info gladly appreciated.
Old Oct 11, 2012, 5:49 am
Suspended

Programs: EK Plat, UA GS, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Amex Centurion
Originally Posted by Northumberland Lady
Hi!
I'm trying to book an upgrade with points but when I click on services by flight it shows a 777-300ER 3class!

My questions are-

2- will they still be lie-flat seats, or are they likely to replace with an older aircraft?

I note that there is no availability for 1st class to purchase on this flight so this suggests that this could change back to a 2class?

When is the date of this flight? They might be operating as 3 class, but only sell as 2 class in case it gets switched back. I can tell you if it's lie flats if you give me the date. This shouldn't make a difference of how many J seats are available to Upgrade. Call skywards and ask them if its available for your flight. Remember there needs to be D class availability for a mileage upgrade into business class.

-ek202
Old Oct 11, 2012, 6:43 am

Originally Posted by Emirates202
I can tell you if it's lie flats if you give me the date.
How can you do that?

As far as I'm aware, even EK can't know this far out, and there are both lie flats and "old" J seats in both two and three class configurations of this aircraft?
Old Oct 11, 2012, 6:52 am

Originally Posted by Northumberland Lady
Hi!

My questions are-

If it helps, since 13/9 there have been 28 flights on this route. 19 have been 3 class, and 9 have been 2 class. All of the 2 class have had lie-flats in J, and only 4 of the 3 class have had Deep Reclining.
Old Oct 11, 2012, 9:33 am
Suspended

Programs: EK Plat, UA GS, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Amex Centurion
Originally Posted by ft101
How can you do that?

As far as I'm aware, even EK can't know this far out, and there are both lie flats and "old" J seats in both two and three class configurations of this aircraft?
Well, I was going to check the services by flight, but doesn't it usually say if its lie flats or recliners?
I'm not 100% sure about this as I don't fly routes that get the AC switched around so much, such as these Europe routes.

-ek202
Old Oct 11, 2012, 3:00 pm
Original Poster

Ok - thanks everyone - I will try phoning emirates.
Old Oct 15, 2012, 1:30 pm

Programs: FB Platinum, EK Gold, BA Gold
I've been on the 777 a couple of times since it started in this route.

Different planes each time, with recliners, no lie flat beds

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.