Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

Hand luggage trolley in DXB airport ?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 14, 2012, 4:10 am
Original Poster

Programs: SPG Platinum,HHonors Gold

Everytime I transit in Dubai I find it really hard to find a trolley, when asked I was always told to find at the entrance of the large duty free shops which is always empty and I try to scan the nearby boarding gates my luck is always bad. I cannot believe that I couldnt find one during my last three visits in the recent months. My transits are always from the far end of the T3 to the far end of T1, the walk with duty free bags/ laptop bag/hand luggage hurts

So, is there really a place where they line it up ?

PS : Im not sure whether this questions fits here, moderators can shuffle around
Old Aug 14, 2012, 6:58 am

Originally Posted by isle11
Everytime I transit in Dubai I find it really hard to find a trolley, when asked I was always told to find at the entrance of the large duty free shops which is always empty and I try to scan the nearby boarding gates my luck is always bad. I cannot believe that I couldnt find one during my last three visits in the recent months. My transits are always from the far end of the T3 to the far end of T1, the walk with duty free bags/ laptop bag/hand luggage hurts

So, is there really a place where they line it up ?

PS : Im not sure whether this questions fits here, moderators can shuffle around
Yes, have experienced the same problem and I guess it will vary depending on what time you are in the airport. We always seem to be there at a busy time which is the 'wee hours' of the morning after flying from Glasgow or on the way back from Melbourne. We've managed to eventually get a trolley by looking at departure gates and duty free store or lounges and the odd time by the lifts. Good luck in your search!
Old Aug 14, 2012, 7:25 am

Programs: UA MM/1P, EK Au, QR, TK, Marriott Life Ti, Hilton Dia, IC Dia, Hyatt Glob, Accor Pt, Shangri-La
There often seem to be some at the ends of the concourse, like right at the top of the escalator leading to Terminal 1, or on the outer walkways where the gates are, presumably as people abandon them right before they board.
Old Aug 16, 2012, 1:43 am

Programs: Skywards, PIAAwards Plus Diamond, HHonours, SPG, IHG
Ok I don't want to turn this into a science but if you need it really badly, look at the departure screens, find a gate nearest to where you are with check-in open and move to that gate and wait . . .

An angel will finally appear, abandon his/her trolley for you to take it

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.