Search

Competition Agents on Emirates

Search this Thread

Old Jun 17, 2012, 3:50 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Question Competition Agents on Emirates

Ladies & Gentlemen.

I find out that there are sales agents on-board Emirates Airline that are probably working for the competition. (especially Airbus A380-800 Bar-Area)

One day one round German guy came to me and talked how great Lufthansa German Airlines actually is and that there would be a super discount when booking their business class, a month later, a guy came to me mentioning how great Virigin Atanlic might be and that it is much better than Emirates Airline.

Last but not least, on the Airbus A380-800 bar area, 2 guys came up and mentioned how great Turkish Airlines would be and after I have left this conversation those two guys complain about their seat.

No matter what happens I will always stay loyal to Emirates Airline and if there is someone like that coming up to you, trying to sell you business class tickets from the competition, please reply with the following:

"If Turkish Airline / Virgin Atlantic / Lufthansa is so great, why you are now flying with Emirates in the first place"?

Is there anyone else experiencing something similar?

Stay loyal to Emirates!

Regards.
SQUALO
Old Jun 17, 2012, 4:31 am

Yes and I had a full set of Singapore girls doing the same on all of my flights. They mentioned that they get inside the EK planes as cargo or through the gears.

Come on, get real. How much did you drink in the bar?
Old Jun 17, 2012, 5:28 am
Suspended
Original Poster

To be honest, I didn't drink anything, given that my wife was travelling with me. We started with water, trying to get drunk with orange juice, but we failed. (orange juice and water has no alcohol).

I'm real and if you don't believe it, I believe it!
Old Jun 17, 2012, 6:46 am

They are actually Emirates employees who have been sent by HQ to test your loyalty and determine if you are suitable for I/O. However, if you agree to try the other airline, the outcome will not be good. You will find that you Skywards account is suspended for some mysterious reason and you will be downgraded to Economy (middle seat) until you agree to corrective treatment.
Old Jun 17, 2012, 8:38 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Great, so that means I passed the test.
Did they already test you as well?
Old Jun 17, 2012, 2:01 pm

Programs: EK, BA, EY, SQ, IHG, HH, SPG
Originally Posted by blagger
They are actually Emirates employees who have been sent by HQ to test your loyalty and determine if you are suitable for I/O. However, if you agree to try the other airline, the outcome will not be good. You will find that you Skywards account is suspended for some mysterious reason and you will be downgraded to Economy (middle seat) until you agree to corrective treatment.
And remember just because you're paranoid doesn't mean people aren't out to get you.
Old Jun 19, 2012, 3:13 pm

Programs: EK Gold, EY Gold, BA Gold OW Emerald, A3 *G, SV Skyteam Elite
Originally Posted by SQUALO
Ladies & Gentlemen.

I find out that there are sales agents on-board Emirates Airline that are probably working for the competition. (especially Airbus A380-800 Bar-Area)

One day one round German guy came to me and talked how great Lufthansa German Airlines actually is and that there would be a super discount when booking their business class, a month later, a guy came to me mentioning how great Virigin Atanlic might be and that it is much better than Emirates Airline.

Last but not least, on the Airbus A380-800 bar area, 2 guys came up and mentioned how great Turkish Airlines would be and after I have left this conversation those two guys complain about their seat.

No matter what happens I will always stay loyal to Emirates Airline and if there is someone like that coming up to you, trying to sell you business class tickets from the competition, please reply with the following:

"If Turkish Airline / Virgin Atlantic / Lufthansa is so great, why you are now flying with Emirates in the first place"?

Is there anyone else experiencing something similar?

Stay loyal to Emirates!

Regards.
SQUALO
I am pretty sure this must be a joke but if not, what would be the cost of employing people who fly on the A380 (yes that employer actually needs to pay the J ticket prices) and let these employees talk up to some random J customers not knowing if he/she actually gets the trip paid (which sometimes happen in J class!) by his company versus the benefit of the potential revenue increase through churn to that X-airline??
Old Jun 20, 2012, 2:20 am

Also pretty poor targeting as neither Virgin nor Turkish airlines have in service A380's! I believe Virgin will have its 1st one around 2015.

As for the "round German" maybe it was just a chat up line?!!
Old Jun 20, 2012, 3:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by SQUALO
Isn't it obvious?

Nether TK, VS, nor LH will transport Lamborghinis. The three customers you spoke were all transporting their Lamborghinis, and therefore had to travel with the only airline that will carry such cargo - EK.

Simples.
Old Jun 20, 2012, 5:13 am

I've found the opposite to be true. I frequently see Emirates crew (usually not in uniform though) on other airline flights trying to convince people to fly with Emirates. They keep saying "Hello Sir, Hello Tomorrow" which is a big giveaway of their intentions.
Old Jun 20, 2012, 5:36 am

LoL followed by did you order the chicken or the beef?
Old Jun 20, 2012, 10:16 am

Programs: AZ FA+, A3 G, AB G | IHG RA, HGP D, FPC P, Accor P, BW D, HH D, Eleva, GHA P, 1862 Voyager
I find it hard to believe you are loyal to EK when your handle is Singapore United LOT =P
Old Oct 6, 2013, 5:45 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Funny story, a person carried 1 baggage and 1 on-board luggage onto the plane and said: HE ONLY FLIES LUFTHANSA and he is afraid Emirates would lose his baggage, so he carries it with him on-board... he almost told it to everyone, we should make an announcement board at the check-in already.
Old Oct 6, 2013, 5:53 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Here is the proof...

Turkish Airlines has a company account with Emirates.... Good to know that the Turkish Embassy also flies with Emirates.

Lufthansa, KLM, are also on that list...

Old Oct 6, 2013, 9:41 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Smile

Originally Posted by irishguy28
Isn't it obvious?

Nether TK, VS, nor LH will transport Lamborghinis. The three customers you spoke were all transporting their Lamborghinis, and therefore had to travel with the only airline that will carry such cargo - EK.

Simples.
there is no Airbus A380 from and to Venice, you are talking nonsense.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.