Wiki Posts
Search

Holding flight reservation

Search this Thread

Old Jun 3, 2012, 1:25 am
Original Poster

Holding flight reservation

Hi,
can i hold my flight reservation with emirates online and pay later?
Old Jun 3, 2012, 1:53 am
Moderator, Trip Reports

Programs: UA GS-2MM, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by ticky
Hi,
can i hold my flight reservation with emirates online and pay later?
Not that I know of. The only thing you might be able to do is make an online booking and choose the pay by bank transfer option. This provides you with 48-hrs to make the payment.

I often make bookings with my travel agent and ask to be advised when the ticketing deadline is - as I want time to be able to confirm work schedule etc
Old Jun 3, 2012, 1:55 am

In most cases you can book online and choose to pay later at the local Emirates office. Recently EK has implemented a 10% surcharge on this option in some markets.
There is also a time limit on the reservation which is 5 days in most cases.

Try a travel agent who should be able to do it.

But if you're thinking of the book now/pay later option like Qantas does it, then forget about it. EK has none.
Old Jun 3, 2012, 3:04 am

Programs: BA Gold | SK Gold | A3 Gold
With some bookings to the US you can actually hold the reservation for 3 days I think and pay at the EK office, but I'm not sure if this is offered from all markets and on all fares.
Old Jun 3, 2012, 3:29 am

Programs: Skywards Silver
I regularly phone a booking/reservation then have about 72 hours to get the cash to an Emirates office or airport desk,
Old Jun 3, 2012, 3:42 am
Zol
Moderator: Emirates Skywards and Qatar Airways Privilege Club

Programs: EK Gold|EY Gold|Bonvoy Ambassador| IHG Plat|HHonors Diamond
Online - depends on your origin. The easiest option is to just do it on the phone, they can hold it for various periods depending on the date of departure

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.