Wiki Posts
Search

EK to BA baggage

Search this Thread

Old May 22, 2012, 10:03 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL/CCR
EK to BA baggage

Can I please seek the benefit of the combined wisdom of FT to seek some advice? I'm flying EK Business Class BKK to HKG connecting to BA First HKG to LHR. The flights are on separate tickets. Will EK check baggage straight through to LHR or will I have to go through immigration at HKG, collect bags and check in for BA before returning through security?
Old May 22, 2012, 10:46 am

Programs: BA Gold | SK Gold | A3 Gold
EK can check through - they interline with most carriers.
Old May 22, 2012, 10:55 am

So here is a follow up question... I am flying BOS-LHR-DXB (F) on BA. 3 days in DXB, then EK to JNB (J). Can I check a bag through all the way to JNB without having to take it landside/hotel in DXB?
Old May 22, 2012, 2:11 pm
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by nickfabb
So here is a follow up question... I am flying BOS-LHR-DXB (F) on BA. 3 days in DXB, then EK to JNB (J). Can I check a bag through all the way to JNB without having to take it landside/hotel in DXB?
No. You won't be able to leave it airside for 3 days.

I doubt whether BA would interline onto EK anyway. Maybe if it was the same PNR, but definitely not otherwise.
Old May 22, 2012, 3:39 pm
Zol
Moderator: Emirates Skywards and Qatar Airways Privilege Club

Programs: EK Gold|EY Gold|Bonvoy Ambassador| IHG Plat|HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by DYKWIA
I doubt whether BA would interline onto EK anyway. Maybe if it was the same PNR, but definitely not otherwise.
That was going to be my next question. According to ung1 they should, I assume it is reciprocal?
Old May 22, 2012, 6:56 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by khalid26
That was going to be my next question. According to ung1 they should, I assume it is reciprocal?
BA has a policy regarding checking through luggage

If on single ticketed itinerary, then yes , they will check through
If on separate itineraries, they will only check through if the connection is to a OW airline

therefore, on 2 tickets BA will not check through to EK

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.