Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Staff Travel

Search this Thread

Old Apr 12, 2012, 10:49 am

Programs: EK Blue
Originally Posted by CaptainEKAirbus

Are you cabin crew? If not and you are eligible for upgrade to J then ask at the gate, or ask the purser... you are entitled to the higher class provided space is available... so you should have gotten it. However if you book a Y ticket only you won't be given an upgrade remember, you only receive the upgrade on your ALT.
Haha, I wish I was able to get an UG. I work in another capacity within EK, supposed to be selling the J product. Makes it kinda hard if you only know it by passing through it on deplaning. It's frowned upon mentioning UG in passing to CC (or purser when they give you the "nice to have a colleague on board spiel) and might lead to disciplinary action. Aww well... maybe one day I will manage to save up and get to purchase full fare. Just unfair LH cleaners are allowed to enjoy EK J-class and us first line of defence people don't!

NGA
Old Apr 12, 2012, 11:20 am

Originally Posted by NoGoldAnywhere
Just unfair LH cleaners are allowed to enjoy EK J-class and us first line of defence people don't!
On the flip side, you can enjoy J-class on LH and they can't. Ironic init?
Old Apr 12, 2012, 12:25 pm

Programs: EK Blue
Originally Posted by B747-437B
On the flip side, you can enjoy J-class on LH and they can't. Ironic init?
They are allowed to fly LH J as well... and I've "enjoyed" LH J! Let's leave it at that!
Old Apr 12, 2012, 12:54 pm

Originally Posted by NoGoldAnywhere
They are allowed to fly LH J as well...
But it is taxable in their case. So in reality you enjoy LH J at a significantly lower rate than they do.
Old Apr 13, 2012, 3:04 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold | SK Gold | A3 Gold
So do EK lounge staff and duty managers etc get J travel too?
Old Apr 13, 2012, 10:06 am

Originally Posted by ung1
So do EK lounge staff and duty managers etc get J travel too?
Nope - only if they are going on duty travel (usually training for non-DXB staff in DXB).

Only station managers get J all of the time.
Old Nov 27, 2012, 12:12 pm

Programs: Emirates Gold, Delta Gold, Bonvoy Plat
And is it possible to buy an upgrade with miles for some one on a id90/id50 ticket?
Old Nov 27, 2012, 12:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Originally Posted by Gringuito
And is it possible to buy an upgrade with miles for some one on a id90/id50 ticket?
No.
Old Dec 5, 2012, 3:17 am

Programs: EK Platinum, EY Silver
Not sure how someone mentioned staff travel ticket holders get ahead of revenue pax, that is certainly not the case.

My brother is a captain in EY and the same staff travel perks apply there as mentioned by CaptainEKAirbus. I have frequently been offloaded when holding ID90 tickets when travelling on an A320 due to weight/load restrictions, in fact I was once offloaded just before I boarded the damn plane which wasn't fun.

I guess you take that risk when holding an ID90 ticket given the cheap/non-existant fare, first class LHR-AUH was AED1,800 back in 2009! Not bad at all! Although sometimes, if the cabin crew know you are staff, they dont really give you good service. Its hard to hide in F given they know each and every passenger but J is a different story.
Old Dec 8, 2012, 7:58 pm

Hey FT'ers! Not sure if this has been asked or if I should start new thread, but flying on AD travel agent we get C/J but most times Y. Can I use skywards points to upgrade to F? I know we dont earn skywards when flying on AD but how about upgrading by using skywards when flying on AD?

Edit: Oops..Just saw the 2nd post above me. Same rules probably apply.

Last edited by AbeA; Dec 8, 2012 at 8:03 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.