Community
Wiki Posts
Search

EK interline PG overnight?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5, 2012, 5:37 am
Original Poster

EK interline PG overnight?

I'm flying from HKG to BKK on EK and then the next day (arrive just after midnight and depart at 8am) fly onto to CNX with PG.

From what I've read it seems to suggest that EK will interline my backs to PG generally. However as I am overnighting in BKK do you know if they will still do that?

Also, if they do interline and issue me with a BP I presume I can remain in the airport and not have to clear immigration and security until I get to CNX?

If that is the case would I be able to use the Louis Tavern Dayrooms to get some shut eye?

Thanks!
Old Mar 6, 2012, 11:16 pm

Originally Posted by theworld
I'm flying from HKG to BKK on EK and then the next day (arrive just after midnight and depart at 8am) fly onto to CNX with PG.

From what I've read it seems to suggest that EK will interline my backs to PG generally. However as I am overnighting in BKK do you know if they will still do that?

Also, if they do interline and issue me with a BP I presume I can remain in the airport and not have to clear immigration and security until I get to CNX?

If that is the case would I be able to use the Louis Tavern Dayrooms to get some shut eye?

Thanks!
you will clear immigration in BKK but not at the normal entry gates but way up at the other end of the airport for connecting flights to Chiang Mai Chiang Rai etc. You will then airside in the domestic part of the airport. You will clear customs in CNX.

There is not much in this part of the airport and I am pretty sure that nothing will be open (I have seen them start to shut up shop at 8pm) and as you have also gone through security you wont be allowed back out again to get a hotel or even look for something to do.

All PG boarding passes give you access to the PG lounge but dont expect much as I said anyone with a PG BP can get in. This I also belive will be shut.

If you interline your bags and clear immigration for CNX at BKK you will be given a little sticker (the PG ones are blue) so that when you get of the plane in CNX you will be directed to the international arrivals where you clear customs.

If your bag or you are not in the same place ( you lost your sticker and end up in domestic) 3 minutrs walk will get you to the international part. Dont panic it happens even if your in international your bags can end up in domestic in which case they may or may not make you drag your ... and bags back up to international to clear customs.

I suggest leave the airport in BKK and get a hotel then just check in again with PG again in the morning.
Old Mar 7, 2012, 1:06 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ayeaway
you will clear immigration in BKK but not at the normal entry gates but way up at the other end of the airport for connecting flights to Chiang Mai Chiang Rai etc. You will then airside in the domestic part of the airport. You will clear customs in CNX.

There is not much in this part of the airport and I am pretty sure that nothing will be open (I have seen them start to shut up shop at 8pm) and as you have also gone through security you wont be allowed back out again to get a hotel or even look for something to do.

All PG boarding passes give you access to the PG lounge but dont expect much as I said anyone with a PG BP can get in. This I also belive will be shut.

If you interline your bags and clear immigration for CNX at BKK you will be given a little sticker (the PG ones are blue) so that when you get of the plane in CNX you will be directed to the international arrivals where you clear customs.

If your bag or you are not in the same place ( you lost your sticker and end up in domestic) 3 minutrs walk will get you to the international part. Dont panic it happens even if your in international your bags can end up in domestic in which case they may or may not make you drag your ... and bags back up to international to clear customs.

I suggest leave the airport in BKK and get a hotel then just check in again with PG again in the morning.
Many thanks for all the information.

Will I be able to check my bags all the way to CNX from HKG (and get my boarding pass), but leave the airport at BKK to an overnight hotel and then do to the domestic terminal in the morning (with PG BP in hand)?

Many thanks again.
Old Mar 7, 2012, 4:40 am

Originally Posted by theworld
Many thanks for all the information.

Will I be able to check my bags all the way to CNX from HKG (and get my boarding pass), but leave the airport at BKK to an overnight hotel and then do to the domestic terminal in the morning (with PG BP in hand)?

Many thanks again.
You will still need to re-checkin with PG and explain that your bags are interlined to CNX but you left the airport at BKK so you can get a sticker, otherwise you will be domestic and your bags international

Unless you are familiar with the Thai way be prepared to be extremly patient whilst they try to sort it out. Personally unless you know how to deal with it I wouldnt.
Old Mar 7, 2012, 5:33 am

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, AC *S, Marriott Gold Elite, Hyatt Explorist
I agree with the above poster. I did a HKG-BKK-HKT flight with a 'normal' transit in BKK and I was extremely confused as to what was going on. Luckily the agents just told me what to do.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.